Pearl Harbor.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bill. When I was in skool there were assemblies and flag ceremonies on Pearl Harbor Day, now nothing. Tragic.

+1. Just about all of we Boomers knows someone involved in WW2. For us older guys, parents, uncles, friends. Many younger members, grandparents and so forth. A world war fought and won, on two fronts. They have every right to be called the Greatest Generation. What they came together and did was amazing. Rosie the riveter,and everyone back home was working in support of the incredible fighting men, buying war bonds. There was no doubt where allegiances lied, then!

My grade skool principal was captured and tortured by the Japanese. The top of his head had a large dent.
My dad was in Marines VMF214 Black Sheep Squadron as a Corsair armorer. He didn't relay many details about that.
Come to think of it, most of the men teachers in grade skool and high skool were all WWII vets.
All excellent teachers and admirable men. Did not put up with much nonsense.

Two years ago my wife and I went to the National WW2 museum in New Orleans. Every citizen should go. I had several great uncles that served. One of my most prized possessions is a beat up K-Bar that was carried by one of them. You can't help but leave that museum with a new perspective on the hell that they went through and a renewed commitment to never ever fall let something like that happen again. I have always been a supporter of our 2nd amendment right but after seeing in more detail what the Nazi's and Japanese did. Well you could say I've become more committed.

Latest posts

Back