Problem with low idle speed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kungi

Reaction score
Can someone give me any hints, from where should I start, if motor running at speed ~1000-1500 rpm and making those strange puffing hedgehog noises (from 0:15)? Those hickups are coming from somewhere above the motor, below airfilter box.. Is there problem with carburetor seals between carb and motor? She is also reacting really slowly, when hitting the gas.

Attachments

• Vmax-short.mp3
    780.3 KB · Views: 24
Start with cleaning the carb. Bad diaphragms clogged idle circuit could all cause the coughing/blowback.

Start with cleaning the carb. Bad diaphragms clogged idle circuit could all cause the coughing/blowback.

Most likely the second guess, because I just made second carb sync/cleaning during 1 year. After that I have driven just around 400-500 km. And it's 3 years, since I replaced diaphragms. Those rubber parts, to be exact..

Last edited:
Sounds to me like low speed/idle circuit plugged. Snorting back through carbs.
Shotgun or pull carbs and clean.
Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD OF VMAX!

Sounds to me like low speed/idle circuit plugged. Snorting back through carbs.
Shotgun or pull carbs and clean.
Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD OF VMAX!

OK, it is now pretty cold time here in EST anyway, so I will try all suggestions one by one. No hurry getting back on the streets.

Latest posts

Back