Carb plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capymotiv

Reaction score
Can someone point in the right direction or educate me on the purpose of the little rubber plugs on the jet block. I can find very little info on their actual purpose. Can the plugs be disposed and the port sealed? do they affect performance? Etc...

It provides access to the pilot fuel jet and main bleed pipe so they can be cleaned or replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...If they only provide access, they can be deleted. I ask because I came across a bad set in my 1st gen Venture a couple years ago and did a cheap mod. Has been working great since. I am considering doing it on this one if they turn out bad.

If they ever need to be replaced you’ll need to replace the entire jet block. Don’t use ethanol either.

One thing I learned is always keep them soaked in fuel. When rebuilding carbs I have them sitting in a small container of lawnmower gas until ready to be reinstalled.

THe bike will run like shit if you have bad or missing jet block plugs to direct fuel to the proper circuits. I can tell you for sure that it's about 1.5 seconds at the dragstrip and more then 20mph. Found this out at the drags this year.

I caution using any non-yamaha brass! We've been there and learned our lessons. The non-Yamaha rubber and gaskets for the carb sets seem to be ok. I have options as well that aren't Yamaha stuff (though that is our favorite)

Latest posts

Back