Wheel balance question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my rear wheel off to replace the brake rotor & decided to re-balanced my rear wheel. It had 3 oz on it & I've never used that much when I do the job. Whoever did the job before didn't have the weights at the light part of the rim but it wasn't very far off, like maybe an inch & a half. They also had them on the inner most section of the wheel so couldn't put it on the curved area of the spoke. Would that be a reason to have to use more weight if you aren't putting weight on the lightest part of the tire/rim?

If the tire isn't aligned correctly that can happen. I like to spin it on a stand and find the heavy spot on the wheel, then mark it. It;s not always the valve stem. Then mount the tire with the mark on that spot. I then put the Dyna beads in per their instructions. I have had Metzler radials more than once that didn't need weight added. Dyna beads, smooth ride.

Michelin doesn't mark their tires. If rebalancing hadn't changed the weight required I would have unseated it & spun it around. Two ounces is acceptable but I'll be picking up some beads soon anyway.

I've used dyna beads for years and always liked them.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back