Got new cans

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still stock headers but i am searching for sound,not power. In europe used headers arent common,and new are pricey...

Are they really that restrictive?
Installing aftermarket exhaust and jet kit will add approximately 10rwhp.

I'd say the stock exhaust isn't doing too bad.

Installing slip ons won't add any HP because the head pipes are the limiting factor in the stock exhaust

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, double walled and smaller inside than they appear. There is most likely a weight savings to go with the good looking cans.

That is what really attracted me to them. They look like factory but sound very good!

The Supertrapp slip-ons look similar to stock too.

Yes they do! AND sound very similar...but this looks factory but sounds better and didn't turn color like the traps tend to do.
I will say, we don't know how long his has been on there though.

100km lol
But they are stainless steel and i believe they wont turn color too much,even after a 50km ride the slip ons werent too hot at touch

Ok,rhey are in again with 60mm baffles. Now they sound lol
Should i change the jetting or a/f screws settings? I smell more fuel in the garage now...

Often due to crud from the tank /gas keeping the float needle valve(s) open. They usually pee-out the overflow hoses which come through the carb chrome brackets that run from the front to the rear carb. Maybe a leaking float chamber gasket? Or a float chamber screw that's come-loose? Then there are the float chamber brass drain plugs that probably go a VMax's life without ever being opened. Ever try to change a main jet thru opening them? Tough to do.

Brand is vacuumate,its really easy to work with. Can check idle rpm, synch carbs and check valve leakeage. For 2 and 4 stroke.

Should i try to empty the chambers and blow some air thru the carbs gas inlet? Could bend the float tabs doing that...

I think replacing the gas filter and checking the tank condition w/a borescope or other fiber optic device is a good idea. It may be time to seal the tank, requiring some time, and labor.

Draining the carbs is pretty-easy, catch the runoff, check it for foreign material. If you find some, the inspection of the tank is next. Then you're going to know what you will have to do to get a clean flow again.

Sometimes a bad load of gas can cause problems, so that's something to consider.

I personally wouldn't push compressed air into the fuel inlet.

First time i cleaned the carbs they had a "powder" that looked like rust but its so thin it can go past the filter. This weekend will make a fly by video.

Latest posts

Back