Has anyone actually gotten EFI working well?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats my fear. i haven't heard anyone say yet "and it was dialed in right". haha

haha so far all i've heard is 'youre going to have to keep playing with it'. i really dont' want to at this point. maybe in a couple years.

so $200 - $300 to get my needle stuff figured out on a dyno. thats pricey. hey sean how much to fly you out? haha

Let me throw in my 2 cents. You don't have to keep playing with it. Unlike carbs, where you go by the seat of your pants to judge how it is running, EFI has the advantage/disadvantage of showing you, graphically, how it is running. So I had the EFI dialed in, liked the way it ran, then looked at FA print out, and I`d see dips where it was rich or lean and then you``d become obsessed with micro tuning it so it looks good on paper. This is the biggest ``problem`` when people say they are always tuning it. Once you have a good map on it, you are good to go.

That is an excellent point . The always search for perfection is or can be an addiction. I have the Power Commander 5 on my 2009 Vmax and am now trying to get it ideal. Sometimes I think the best thing you can do is get a good map for power and mpg and then turn off the damn A/F meter. We all ride everyday and all year and never obsess about our A/F ratios. LOL

Actually, though, its the money issue for me. I would sell my EFI and go back to a stage 7 carbs just to use the money difference for 09 mods planned.

rick rash

Here we go again,any of you EFI guys,rode the bike yesterday 120 miles run good started every time. I washed it today ,pulled of the wires blew them out and let the bike sit for the day.wifey says lets go for a ride,we get suited up, bike wont start.push it into the garage, hook up the lap top,try to start,turns wont fire,spray some starting fluid in her she starts and runs longer then just the fluid, rpm and fuel pulse time shows up on laptop. it appears that the enjectors wont inject with out a "jump".any ideas,Bill you out there?any body else any ideas,jim, buster.

Have not ever heard of that happening. Wash mine, ride in the rain, etc. and it has gotten really wet and never given me a problem. Would check for water in your connectors and try again. Of course it probably isnt a great idea to spray water under pressure around the electronics. I would give Bill a call.

Here we go again,any of you EFI guys,rode the bike yesterday 120 miles run good started every time. I washed it today ,pulled of the wires blew them out and let the bike sit for the day.wifey says lets go for a ride,we get suited up, bike wont start.push it into the garage, hook up the lap top,try to start,turns wont fire,spray some starting fluid in her she starts and runs longer then just the fluid, rpm and fuel pulse time shows up on laptop. it appears that the enjectors wont inject with out a "jump".any ideas,Bill you out there?any body else any ideas,jim, buster.

Last time I had an issue similar to that was with the relay for the fuel pump. If I cycled the ignition power off and on, it would start up.

Gary,if Im hearing the pump and i have 45-50 lbs preasure i assume i can rule the relay out? Jim ,I had this problem one other time after driving through a VERY deep puddle and it turned out to be tps.I didnt spray dirrectly but there were signs of water in the back side when i took it off,right now its in a bag of rice( it works for cell phones that get wet )and I will call bill and have him send another. I need this running for the BR2010!

Jim ,did you notice that our manuals are differant?

seem to be up and runing again,thanks jim ,the few minutes I spoke with you helped to figure it out.I belive the problem was in the signal from the former vboost controller,that tells the ecu to squirt some fuel before start.rode yesterday and plan to ride today.my "project" will be unvailed at BR2010.

Well its happening again,I got caught in the rain last night ,I got her home but this morning she wont start on her own.If I "squirt" her shell fire and run. It s a waste of my time to call Bill,he thinks Im stupid.tells me "just add fuel" THAT WONT MATTER IF THE SYSTEM ISNT GETTING THE SIGNAL! Theres one wire that controls pre run fuel,when it gets moist mable wont start.I just want to know which wire it is.Im finnally getting fed up with this WILDBROS EFI.

Do yourself a favor...if you want EFI get a GEN 2

No matter what any of your "friends" tell you the WB EFI does not work.

Do yourself a favor...if you want EFI get a GEN 2

No matter what any of your "friends" tell you the WB EFI does not work.

That's not true. It worked on mine and I know of others that have it working.

That's not true. It worked on mine and I know of others that have it working.

+1 as it is working good on mine now:eusa_dance: Have to tinker a bit to get it right, but once running well it does just fine. The only time I may have to mess with it is if I go somewhere with a major difference in altitude. Even the "dummy" system has the 2 main sensors it needs to run and adjust itself enough to work.

It works well on mine ..when it works. when it gets wet it loses the impulse to squirt under 500 rpm so it wont start on its own.I NEED TO FIND THAT WIRE!

Does any have a guess as to where the wire that would controll pre start fuel inpluse might be(or color)I belive it may be one of the wires that used to controll the vboost.

+1 as it is working good on mine now:eusa_dance: Have to tinker a bit to get it right, but once running well it does just fine. The only time I may have to mess with it is if I go somewhere with a major difference in altitude. Even the "dummy" system has the 2 main sensors it needs to run and adjust itself enough to work.

:worthy:

:hmmm:

:blahblah:

Latest posts

Back