Wife's getting surgery today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Kathy's going into the hospital today for a bit of outpatient surgery. She had what she thought was a small wart on her calf near her ankle. It grew into this thing you'd see on "The Walking Dead" over a few weeks. Doctor looked at it, and said it had to come out, and today's the day. Weird - it grew this black round thing sticking out of the center of the area, which fell out a week or so ago. Hard as a rock - she heard it hit the bottom of the bathtub. (It fell out when she was showering)....
Doc looked at it, and said it looked like calcified tissue. Nothing serious, but it would be best to get that area taken out.
Simple 20 minute proceedure, a couple stitches and she'll be 100%.
Ask her nice at Thunder and she'll show you her scar!

Kathy's the one with hair!

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 36
Good luck on that Bill. You'll have to put on your little nurse outfit, and take care of her. :eusa_dance:

My God!
That shower scene would be more frightening than anything Alfred Hitchcock could film! Similar to that scene from the first "Alien" movie!
Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Cheers!

I did tell her I thought I saw an eye looking out of the hole it left!
I wanted to stick a string through the damn thing and make a necklace out of it, but she refused to wear it...

5:17 pm. All is well, she's home and doing fine. No pain at all. The surgery took about 30 minutes with no problems at all. Doc needed to do about a 5 inch incision to her leg - 15 stitches.

Glad to hear she's all right, Give here a Hug from me.
I'm really looking forward to Drag Racing her on that Scooter of hers at Thunder !!!!! :D

5:17 pm. All is well, she's home and doing fine. No pain at all. The surgery took about 30 minutes with no problems at all. Doc needed to do about a 5 inch incision to her leg - 15 stitches.

Glad to hear that everthing went well.

Dennis - She's riding a "mean motor scooter".... I'd be careful if I were you!:eusa_dance:

I'm glad you got it done promptly. I lost a friend's brother in his late 20's to malignant melanoma. He was a chemical engineer, and by the time he was diagnosed, once he became symptomatic, it was too-late, he didn't last a year. He did three things:
  • got married to his girlfriend
  • bought a motorcycle
  • didn't worry about 'the end'
He had a mole that changed, he ignored it until it became painful and then went for evaluation. By then it had metasticized. This was a long time ago, 30+ years, maybe today it wouldn't have been an issue of mortality.
His younger brother was probably my best friend during my teenage years, we still talk, though living 1300 mi. apart, his younger sister was also one of my best friends all through school in NYS by Lake Ontario.

Glad your wife is OK, Bill.

Latest posts

Back