22L/100km fuel consumption on the racetrack!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nswizard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

few weeks ago we went to MotoGP in Brno Czech Republic and we had an opportunity to ride on the track.
In the camp right before the ride I topped my fuel tank.
For 3 laps on the track (one lap is 5km) and 5km of highway ride to the first gas station, my Vmax burned 4.5 L of fuel. That gives me around 22L/100km fuel consumption.
Wanted to ask, is this normal for Vmax when you ride it on the track like hell is chasing you?
I did not go into red zone but revs were above 6000rpm most of the time.
Friend said he noticed (few times) fire from vmax exhausts.
I could not check spark plugs after the track but 700km after, when I got home, checked them and they had perfect gray color.
Highway ride (120-150kmh) takes 6.5-7L of fuel per 100km.

Beside this fuel thing I did notice that oil level dropped a bit but nothing significant. I never have to add oil into vmax during the year.

What you say?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vmax in Brno small.jpg
    Vmax in Brno small.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 57
Given that your highway ride back was what most would consider 'normal' consumption, the higher gas use on a racetrack shouldn't be considered excessive. Congratulations on staying upright. What did your fellow track users think of a 'power cruiser' on the track?

Oh man! :)
I usually ride vmax like a girl but when we got on the track it was now or never :)

Brno track has a few downhill straights with hard corners at the end, and we all know that vmax is not the fan of braking and cornering so it was a bit scary :)
We were riding on Saturday evening and race events start on Sunday morning. All I was thinking was not to fall, spill oil on the track and make a mess on Sunday :)

Still, with this fuel consumption I could do like 8 laps before taking pit-stop :)
Vmax forever :)

Thank you for your thoughts

PS Check this fly-by video ;) (i am on right side and my cam is in small screen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-etMehSHt8&feature=youtu.be

Vlada

Given that your highway ride back was what most would consider 'normal' consumption, the higher gas use on a racetrack shouldn't be considered excessive. Congratulations on staying upright. What did your fellow track users think of a 'power cruiser' on the track?

Latest posts

Back