New radiator?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prmurat

Reaction score
Now that I moved to AZ it seems that my -94 has decided to heat too much (which is funny as I bought it new in Dubai, moved to Honk Kong with no problems). I already have the Nissan sensor, which must dead now as the fan does not come in; i will try to check everything but I wanted to know if anyone tried the $100 aluminium radiator actually for sale on eBay...
if yes, how does it fit?? Advantages??
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of a new radiator, I would look at the basics, like change and flush the coolant...etc.

From what I remember, the aluminum radiators werent a very good fit.

I have one. The only part that did not fit was the top pipe that goes to the water pump. Its too long and the bend is to the frame so you cant fit the hose over it without kinking it. I just cut it off right at the bend, its aluminum. Still have almost an inch of pipe to connect with. And also change the hoses to the newer silicon ones, make installation a lot better.

If anything, my old was full of crud and parts were eaten away. So a new one is better than the old. Plus they claim more efficient cause it has more rows than the OEM so more coolant.

Some bad pics. I didnt think to take the one where I made the cut. Didnt want evidence in case it went all bad.

These are all from China. Since I live in Asia, it actually worked better for me on shipping time.

I painted it black. Reused the fan.

Question to others, given how much crud had accumulated in the old radiator, how bad will the internals of my motor be or will it being steel hold up better? I have flushed it out with vinegar/water several times. Anything else that I should try?

Attachments

• rad_old.jpg
    rad_old.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 56
  • rad_new.jpg
    rad_new.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 58
Thks for the answers... I was afraid of the made in China... in top I have a sidecar and one of the attachment is very close to the radiator: I am not sure that a different one would fit... found the problem with my fan:
ca73f19ef12dcf09a711eb6dee7a4eba.jpg

Done 20 years ago with the flat shitty connectors available in super market at the time in Dubai.... good connectors on now and it works!!

I switched to the eBay one a couple of years back due to the stock one getting perched by a rock.

I had no fitment issues, other than bending a couple of brackets. I painted it prior to install.

Personally, I don't find that it performs any better than the stock one, but also not any worst.

Mike

Now that I moved to AZ it seems that my -94 has decided to heat too much (which is funny as I bought it new in Dubai, moved to Honk Kong with no problems). I already have the Nissan sensor, which must dead now as the fan does not come in; i will try to check everything but I wanted to know if anyone tried the $100 aluminium radiator actually for sale on eBay...
if yes, how does it fit?? Advantages??
Thanks.

If the radiator you seen on eBay was GPI racing radiator like this one here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272812031360

I can tell you personally that it fit good, little finesse here n there, but I also don't have stock coolant hoses. It runs a little cooler, but like already stated, flushing and keeping good clean coolant helps. I'm also, on top of this running a stainless thermostat, which runs cooler as well.

I will post the link when I can find it.

Running cool isn't usually an issue. Fan kicks on sometimes, but I don't ride in the heat often. 80's low 90's.

Stant 13758 Thermostat - 180 Degrees Fahrenheit

Buy it off Amazon.

Aluminum eBay radiator. Florida bike, silicone hose upgrade. Never overheats anymore.
d2c6ed34294e753693ef03ee8cbf6e9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I order one last fall, one came bent all out of shape, they sent a new one. Just started to assemble it today, the plastics on the side do not fit at all no matter what!! Everything else was tweak tweak tweak… not impressed, and told them as much!!!!

Back