found venture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my French deciphers ~46.5K mi & the 1300 cc block. The current exchange rate is a wash, 2% difference in-favor of US $.

Got the Venture at home

Wath a difference 145 VERRY NERVOUS HP V/S 90 verry smooth little hp

:ummm::ummm:Now Big question = there is so much heat getting out of that engine wyle the gauge reading is normal:ummm::ummm: anaybody eard about it??

It's all trapped in there and air blowing across the rad and engine has to flow somewhere. You'll like it in the colder months anyway!

It's all trapped in there and air blowing across the rad and engine has to flow somewhere. You'll like it in the colder months anyway!

Thanks for answer, so, that heat looks normal,

This bike was brought for my Lady who can`t long-ride the Max anaymore. ((with 10,5`` rear shock:biglaugh:))

The only thing we need is; soft riding suspension on V4

So, this winter; THIS VENTURE WILL BE TOTALY NAKED OFF, and then some Maxrom`s/monkey/mod.

double head-light spots, vmax carbs(allready in the garage) no fearing, no luggage, all LED, gaz tank side finition with a little Vmax path, vintage match rear fender. And so long.

Rear master cylinder jamed in brake oil-mud:damn angry: damed job to bleed when you`r alone

And many elctrical mod done the fckn wrong way, but i`m ok with those chalenge and bike works well:eusa_dance:

I confirm that it will be naked down and become something else:biglaugh:

still only need suspention and backrest when riding the Lady:clapping:

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 60
This is not exactly where i want to go with my Venture
but i need some image to feed my mod monkey dream beast:rofl_200:

so if you find some, please feed my monkey:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 10152511_2012617111645.jpg
    10152511_2012617111645.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 53
  • y916_yamaha_venture.jpg
    y916_yamaha_venture.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 58
The first one is ...unfinished.
The second one looks like a Virago w/a glandular condition, better than the first one though. What do you want to do?

The first one is ...unfinished.
The second one looks like a Virago w/a glandular condition, better than the first one though. What do you want to do?

Only need seat and suspention confort to ride my Lady
so;
Strip down all luggage
no dash at all, tach/speedo and verry little temp/fuel/volt gauges
venture gen2 (2003 or 05 and up) driver/passager seat/back rest
double head light + all LED signal
clean naked rad with out any chrome stuff
raised drag bar or tomasselli (i like tomasselli same as my Max)
fowarded drivers peg +brake `n`shifter
ad my spare vmax carb
And it will have a little vmax savor with little air-scoop beside faux tank (they allready located underneet the fairing)
Pipes`n`mufflers; well will see wath the new law goes creasy here for next year

Midnight blue

Not a rat bike, you see

Regards

Realy funny
After riding the RVenture for 7 days / front handling trouble on my Max
i went back on my awesome machine yesterday:clapping:
:ummm:felt like riding a little bike with extremly quicky/nervous reaction on trottle and handling (with those narow tomasselli handle bars)

Realy felt riding a little bike, and WE KNOW the Max isn`t a little bike

Ps.; obviously one of these pics is showing my adictive response to my Lady`s cooking performance:rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC00027 - Copie.jpg
    DSC00027 - Copie.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00023 - Copie.jpg
    DSC00023 - Copie.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00028 - Copie.jpg
    DSC00028 - Copie.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00024 - Copie.jpg
    DSC00024 - Copie.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 41
1st Gen 1200 Ventures had 90 bhp & 34 mm carbs, no VBoost of course. Looked @ one for parts today but the owner wants too-much $ for the shape it's in. Did have the tour pkg. I would only be looking at it for the engine & pumpkin & don't really want to hang onto it to part it out. I had my truck but no ramp, but he values it more than me, so it's gonna stay deteriorating. Was a 4xx 1983 serial #. complete but possibly terminal weathering for the bike. I may go try to convince him w/a few crisp Grants-$.

I am pretty sure you can put the VMax top-ends on the Venture lower end & tranny. The compression ratio for the Venture & the VMax is 10.5/1 but the redline is lower on the Venture.

hy,
Lots of unusable wires in harness:biglaugh:
will cut that off :eusa_dance:

start the body brainstorm
:ummm:little Vmax DNA in there:rofl_200:

It is verry lighter now
here again :rofl_200: http://youtu.be/Py1RxkVR6Vk

Attachments

• DSC00006 (2).jpg
    DSC00006 (2).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00011 (2).jpg
    DSC00011 (2).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 30
hy,
Lots of unusable wires in harness:biglaugh:
will cut that off :eusa_dance:

start the body brainstorm
:ummm:little Vmax DNA in there:rofl_200:

It is verry lighter now
here again :rofl_200: http://youtu.be/Py1RxkVR6Vk

Let me know if you need any wiring diagrams, parts info or whatever.

I have a large pile of venture parts I will sell or swap if you need parts.

The Vboost will just fit into Venture frame & I meen just.

I am going to something similar to a venture this winter. Single seater, conventional fuel tank. Royal Star Venture fenders.

Looking at using a vmax instrument panel, speedo & headlight.

Gary

If you "vmax-ize" the Venture engine, how much power can you get from it?

The only problem I have is getting a VMax style header on Venture frame due to mono shock. There are some that will work, but the center stand has to be removed.

Other than that, anything a Vmax can have done to it, can be done to a Venture. Plus the 86~93 Ventures had a 1300 motor to start with.

First thing is to put on VMax heads, then VBoost with VMax jetting, then Vmax air box (some what difficult, requires relocating battery)

Final drive will bolt right on. Wheels can be put on, this is somewhat difficult on rear, front needs spacers.

I am getting 110rwhp from mine, it is basically stock VMax parts on a 1300 block, Marks collector. block milled .040".

I have never ridden a VMax so I can't compare them, but a Venture has got to be more comfortable for long rides than a VMax.

Gary

2012summer_zps6be8d4ec.jpg

Latest posts

Back