found venture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let me know if you need any wiring diagrams, parts info or whatever.

I have a large pile of venture parts I will sell or swap if you need parts.

The Vboost will just fit into Venture frame & I meen just.

I am going to something similar to a venture this winter. Single seater, conventional fuel tank. Royal Star Venture fenders.

Looking at using a vmax instrument panel, speedo & headlight.

Gary

:worthy:YOUR VENTURE IS GODEM NICE :worthy:

Thank`s for possible info,
i`ve got the shop manual, but sometimes it`s not enought.
:ummm:As the suspention computer :ummm:is it necessary or not:ummm:

I have vmax carb already
vboost sleeve is comming in nex transport (missing servo motor + vboost computer)
From MOTO-MIRABEL (used part seller)
I get a 1983 Maxime cluster
Royal star 1300 rear fender
and driver seat

But for now i`m cleaning up electric harness and body work before to enter the machine in home basement for winter,

You don't have to use the air compressor setup if you change the hoses from the rear shock & front inner tubes to a shrader valve. I attached a picture of one for front tubes. Basically same hose, but with a brass adapter on end.

Very possible that you will want to put progressive springs in front and eliminate anti dive valves. The 86 & up are current hogs when you are in traffic & about worthless as well.

The 86's & up have 100mm spacing on calipers bolts, so you can put R1's or other upgrades you may want.

The Ventures have a linked braking system, it sucks. Rear brake and left front caliper are tied. Right caliper is only one used with front lever. Delinking is painless, but does need new hoses for the front. One from the master to a Vmax style splitter, then two lines down to calipers. Rear master port is plugged on line to front & proportioning valve to rear caliper is gutted of valve & spring.

PM me an email and I can send you a much better set of schematics. To large to upload here.

Get a set of vmax heads & cams if you can. It will help the motor a lot. They are direct swap other than the side 'freeze' plug covers. The Vmax heads use shorter vovers than the Ventures.

The problem area with the vboost is on the left rear carb to frame clearance. Very tight. The VMax carb mounted choke lever is much easier than the Venture grip mounted lever, only if you are going to open the side covers up like I did. Mounting the cable on the choke is a PIA. Throttle pull cable tube will need modified to clear frame.

Gary

Attachments

• front air line.jpg
    front air line.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 14
Lots of good info

The brake mod is already done

will keep in tuch

Anyways, i will post wath could be intersting to share here

Regards

Dingy's install looks like it belongs there. A nice piece of re-engineering, and apparently pretty-simple. Very clean bike, too. The brackets set it off nicely. Did you paint the lower side scoops too? I think they look pretty-good, even though you've left them off. I think I would paint the side panels something more unobtrusive, but I saw some pics of your bike at a ride, and it looked OK all-yellow.

Dingy's install looks like it belongs there. A nice piece of re-engineering, and apparently pretty-simple. Very clean bike, too. The brackets set it off nicely. Did you paint the lower side scoops too? I think they look pretty-good, even though you've left them off. I think I would paint the side panels something more unobtrusive, but I saw some pics of your bike at a ride, and it looked OK all-yellow.

Before & after pictures of Tweety.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_2050s.jpg
    IMG_2050s.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 47
  • PICT3979s.jpg
    PICT3979s.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 44
realy nice
and this edition has the nice luggage
after 1986 the luggage was a mok-up

you remove the frame brace; so i can consider that`s totaly unusable:ummm:

Nake`d`ing the venture:ummm:

new fender dont fit in,,,,,,,, not enought room:damn angry:
well,,,,, grinder n`zip cut will make room:eusa_dance:

next,,,,, a new adapted sub-frame; starting up tomorow
My mod-Munkey is feeling well:rofl_200:

Attachments

• fullfender-2.jpg
    fullfender-2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 24
  • sbf-cut-2.jpg
    sbf-cut-2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 18
lot`s of sanding and Lbow oil:rofl_200:

Attachments

• ladys (2).jpg
    ladys (2).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ladyspeg(1).jpg
    ladyspeg(1).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
I always wanted to restore a venture with Max power for touring. Still have my spare 1300 sitting in my garage. I just can't see doing the Harley thing like most everybody that I know.
Huge money for no handleing,brakes or power. 1940's technology.

I always wanted to restore a venture with Max power for touring. Still have my spare 1300 sitting in my garage. I just can't see doing the Harley thing like most everybody that I know.
Huge money for no handleing,brakes or power. 1940's technology.

wat`s a spare 1300:ummm:

Sometimes doing thing is put $$$$$ and do nothing your own even fixing the $$$$chrome parts

:biglaugh:maybe the difference between the <<mod-monkey>> and the << mod-money>> one letter who`s change everything:biglaugh:

here`s one for DINGY :worthy:

i had to remove rubber from passenger pegs = somehow easy pushing rubber mushroom out with a screw driver:eusa_dance:

putting back in was`nt:damn angry::bang head:

well go with a 0.040`` brass shim, then picks `n vid show`s it

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/594/hz3kuqelwsobxlftgopzqe.mp4/

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5065/hz3kuqelwsobxlftgopzqe.mp4

<embed src='http://img594.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Phz3kuqelwsobxlftgopzqe' width='640' height='380' allowFullScreen='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/><br>Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>

Just a share:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 22
wat`s a spare 1300:ummm:

Sometimes doing thing is put $$$$$ and do nothing your own even fixing the $$$$chrome parts

:biglaugh:maybe the difference between the <<mod-monkey>> and the << mod-money>> one letter who`s change everything:biglaugh:

1300 venture engine

Maxrom,

Do you still have motor at a point where you could put new pistons in it.

I have a very good set of VMax pistons & rods for a 1200cc motor that would fit in your Venture block. Higher compression pistons than the Venture ones.

Gary

Maxrom,

I have a very good set of VMax pistons & rods for a 1200cc motor that would fit in your Venture block. Higher compression pistons than the Venture ones.

Gary

i appreciate a lot
but i`m on a low budget project, and time is running fast; spring and summer are`nt that far
so far this year, i work on the outside look (old school naked venture)
Then, next winter, if things going well, engine performance can be an option (i allready have the Vmax/carbs)
Thanks
Romy

Maxrom,

Gary
My venture engine is still whole. Waiting for me to decide to put it in my max. Mine is still running strong though.

The four caising came back from custom wold buffing:eusa_dance:
Thanks to SPEEDCOSTSMONEY :worthy:for that nice kik off on the project

Attachments

• casing 003.jpg
    casing 003.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • casing 002.jpg
    casing 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 17
going < old school style > :eusa_dance:
get a 1999 royal star 1300 rear fender :ummm:
so the front fender should loose it`s straight line for smooth curve:confused2:
nice december 24th to do so, zip cut, fiberglass, puty, sanding paper, boddy building primer :bang head: and Joyeux Noel:punk:

Attachments

• front fender.jpg
    front fender.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 14
Back