On the cheep

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KansasBugkiller

Reaction score
Not all have had life go ok.
There is a time when no one want's you so in some case's when you reach a certain age your let go or not wanted. Now that being said I dont mind paying for stuff when I have a good job but
Now making so little as I do now I have to look for cheap way's to keep going. I dont mind any one making money but some of us are poor we don't have much so just getting by can be hard.
At one time I made 54,000 a year now I,m lucky to make 150 a week . Now that's all our job's are in china a lot of American's are hurting so please dont feel some one's trying to rip you some of us are trying to get by.

OK ???
Sorry you lost your job but, what prompted this post ?
Is there some reason someone thinks you're trying to rip them off ?

Hes just venting... Let him talk his griefs... Dude just press forward. With hard work and patience everything will be overcome...

Im not making fun i just dont know what he saying.

Hes just venting... Let him talk his griefs... Dude just press forward. With hard work and patience everything will be overcome...

I just felt it needed to be sead looking at the world as it is now . I to old fashioned .
Just look out for when you get older it can be all gone we just have us and friends.
I love this site evey one helping every one else that is what matters most .
Thanks

Im not making fun i just dont know what he saying.
Just had to get some things fixed and every were i turned it was going to cost being I dont
Know how to do fork seals every were i went they wanted more then I have to spend .
If it weren't for a birthday gift I could not be doing them so scrapping up 300.00 To get it done.
Its ok just one peace at a time . Thanks mike your ok :)

+1 to what Danny posted, let us help! Here is a couple of video's by Sean that should help. First is the disassembly and second is reassembly.
How to disassemble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjsB0eHcFo

How to assemble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKKdbwMQ5fY

Sean has a few video's that are very helpful for those like me that are helped by seeing it done after reading the service manual. Sean is a great resource for parts too.

Well they started it yesterday part,s came in . I wish I trusted my self being i had olny hand tools.
Thank you guys so much . I did try to save it but had to get it done or more cost. One guy in town was riding his 750 kaw with them leeking soked rotors and pads I told him he was going to really mess the bushings up and he had very little front brakes being oil soked.
Thank you all.

probably the biggest stumbling-block is loosening the bottom of the slider allen head nut, which I think is an 8 mm? Anyway, even if you have to go to a garage and ask them to use their air ratchet to buzz those loose, that's probably the only thing you would need help with, if you have some basic tools. Sean's video, though it's been awhile since I last saw both, is very detailed & helpful. Isn't that the one where he has his young daughter doing the work to show you how-easy it can be?

Really, the only cost you should be having is some fork oil & some seals, the O.E.M. Yamaha seals are probably what you should be using, though there are aftermarket. I have had good results w/both.

You have the older style forks, you can even upgrade your triple trees & fork/downtubes in the future to the 1993+, but for now, just make sure that if you have any burrs in the fork seal area, that changing the fork seals is a futile job, as the corrosion, peeling chrome, and deteriorated downtube surface is going to chew-up your new seals in no-time at all, and unfortunately, the only 'cure' is to replace the downtubes to rid-yourself of the rusted, pitted fork-seal area. Guys are selling the early setups on here frequently, so keep your eyes open if that's what you are facing. All you need are good downtubes, but most guys would probably sell the downtube/slider ass'ys. complete, just because it's easier that way.

Maybe a member near you could volunteer to help you out w/some assistance? Post-up what you're close-to & see who bites. All you have to do is ask.

I see you posted while I was writing, glad you are getting the work done. You're right to point-out to a fellow rider the unsafe condition of his bike. Some people get offended & defensive, just tell those, "OK, bye!" and don't let it bother you. I like the bikes you can see cords showing through when you're following them, and who tell you to "MYOB" when you mention it to them. Not all bikers are as aware of mechanics as many of us w/VMaxes seem to be.

probably the biggest stumbling-block is loosening the bottom of the slider allen head nut, which I think is an 8 mm? Anyway, even if you have to go to a garage and ask them to use their air ratchet to buzz those loose, that's probably the only thing you would need help with, if you have some basic tools. Sean's video, though it's been awhile since I last saw both, is very detailed & helpful. Isn't that the one where he has his young daughter doing the work to show you how-easy it can be?

Really, the only cost you should be having is some fork oil & some seals, the O.E.M. Yamaha seals are probably what you should be using, though there are aftermarket. I have had good results w/both.

You have the older style forks, you can even upgrade your triple trees & fork/downtubes in the future to the 1993+, but for now, just make sure that if you have any burrs in the fork seal area, that changing the fork seals is a futile job, as the corrosion, peeling chrome, and deteriorated downtube surface is going to chew-up your new seals in no-time at all, and unfortunately, the only 'cure' is to replace the downtubes to rid-yourself of the rusted, pitted fork-seal area. Guys are selling the early setups on here frequently, so keep your eyes open if that's what you are facing. All you need are good downtubes, but most guys would probably sell the downtube/slider ass'ys. complete, just because it's easier that way.

Maybe a member near you could volunteer to help you out w/some assistance? Post-up what you're close-to & see who bites. All you have to do is ask.

I see you posted while I was writing, glad you are getting the work done. You're right to point-out to a fellow rider the unsafe condition of his bike. Some people get offended & defensive, just tell those, "OK, bye!" and don't let it bother you. I like the bikes you can see cords showing through when you're following them, and who tell you to "MYOB" when you mention it to them. Not all bikers are as aware of mechanics as many of us w/VMaxes seem to be.

Well when i was younger i was a heavy equipment service tec so you have time to do it right the first time .every thing i do is done right sodder and heat shrinked .the next thing is carb boots they are cracked on the out side but in time just starting to warm up here .
Thank you:punk:

one of the eBay guys who sells the replacement CV carb diaphragms, from Miami FL, is also a vendor of the carb boots. Much cheaper than OEM. FYI.

I bought a set of the carb diaphragms, but haven't made the replacement yet. They look to be of good material & he has lots of customers providing him + feedback on them.

Yea, KansasBK.. There's some real decent guys here for sure. And most guys have a few years under their belt so they remember the good ole' days. Seriously makes me vomit to think crappy corporate controlled robots like Beiber actually get recognition as art. Long live Eric Clapton, Beatles, Hendrix, Pink Floyd etc.. Yes sir, these Times are a' changin'!!

-KarmaKatt-

Well they started it yesterday part,s came in . I wish I trusted my self being i had olny hand tools.
Thank you guys so much . I did try to save it but had to get it done or more cost. One guy in town was riding his 750 kaw with them leeking soked rotors and pads I told him he was going to really mess the bushings up and he had very little front brakes being oil soked.
Thank you all.
My friend ive been from rags to riches and back to rags.Now i just kinda try to live in the middle,If you can call it that .I own a 89 chevy trk,Ride a 90 model max,Live in a 93 doublewide,By all the wealther standers ,IM POOR,My x wife and her hubby nock down over 100.000 a year.Own 10 of everything,Run there ass off!Live in maryland.Now i dont run like that,And never will again.My dad ask me once ,He said son do you work to live?,Or do you live to work?Land in the middle my friend.Life is too damn short!!!:clapping:

Well when i was younger i was a heavy equipment service tec so you have time to do it right the first time .every thing i do is done right sodder and heat shrinked .the next thing is carb boots they are cracked on the out side but in time just starting to warm up here .
Thank you:punk:
Are you talking about the boots the go from the air box to the top of the carbs?

one of the eBay guys who sells the replacement CV carb diaphragms, from Miami FL, is also a vendor of the carb boots. Much cheaper than OEM. FYI.

I bought a set of the carb diaphragms, but haven't made the replacement yet. They look to be of good material & he has lots of customers providing him + feedback on them.

I have been tracking those my self . I grew up in Florida for a time great place for a kid.
Happy time of my life. Thank's for the info:biglaugh:

My friend ive been from rags to riches and back to rags.Now i just kinda try to live in the middle,If you can call it that .I own a 89 chevy trk,Ride a 90 model max,Live in a 93 doublewide,By all the wealther standers ,IM POOR,My x wife and her hubby nock down over 100.000 a year.Own 10 of everything,Run there ass off!Live in maryland.Now i dont run like that,And never will again.My dad ask me once ,He said son do you work to live?,Or do you live to work?Land in the middle my friend.Life is too damn short!!!:clapping:

Money wont bring happy ness I under stand that I just wish to be of service and help others when I can. That make's me the most happy bugs in my teeth too.:)

I have been tracking those my self . I grew up in Florida for a time great place for a kid.
Happy time of my life. Thank's for the info:biglaugh:

I came here as a young man, been her 40+ years. Sure metro areas have changed, but I still like it here. I'm just hoping to avoid the crazies that seem to be everywhere. There are a lot of aggressive drivers here. Unless you actually do it to a cop himself, the cops usually stick to 'after the fact' report writing for crimes and accidents; and speed traps. I simplify, but it sure seems like that.

I disassembled one of my slides to replace the diaphragm, but so-many things to do for me now, I just don't have much time to do hobby stuff, and when I do, it's taking time away from spending time w/my wife who works more than I do. A combo of family obligations and work for both of us.

Hope you are done w/the repairs after the fork seals. My repairs seemed to go on & on, and just when I thought, "time to ride, repairs are over!," here-comes another repair! I think I have it now, though. Where's my lucky rabbit? He's got four feet!:biglaugh:

Back