Please explain to me the oil light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
The other day I rolled into 3rd gear, topping it out. It was night time, and I noticed that my oil light came on. Pulled over, checked fluid level, and oil level was at max. Funny how this happened as I only rolled into 3rd, but when I launch, I never seem to get the oil light to come on :confused2: .

Any explanation?

Ok......it is an oil level light, not an oil pressure light. The sender of the oil light is in the front of the pan, so by the time that you got into 3rd, probably enough momentum for all of the oil to be at the back of the pan, and away from the oil level light.

Dont worry about starving the engine for oil. The oil pick up is at the rear.

Yes, the g force of a long pull in 3rd will cause the oil to eventually pile up in the back if the pan turning on the light.

You're not riding hard-enough if you don't get that red flicker when you ride. Turn-in your Man-Card.

Yes, the g force of a long pull in 3rd will cause the oil to eventually pile up in the back if the pan turning on the light.

This is what I was thinking, but when I take it to the track, I don't seem to get the oil like to come on.

I always thought the oil light on the Vmax was just an indicator to let you know you were riding it properly. :punk:

Delayed reaction. Perhaps it's telling you that you are running too thick of a viscosity oil. Thinner oil will run to the back quicker, thereby turning on your G-force light sooner. :)

I have had that on mine as well. After calling LCR and talking with Lary about it, we decided to ignore it. It's pushing oil thru and I'm also at the max fill on mine as well. He had said that it's possible that the oil sensor could be going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had my oil light come on in the 31 years I've owned my Max. Guess I'm "not riding it right". Never had to replace the transmission, crankshaft, con rods, pistons, cams, valves or other internal parts either.. Coincidence?

Latest posts

Back