Yesterdays outage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
For those of you that suffered any withdrawal issues, here's a recap of yesterdays outage. About 9 pm EST, the server went dead. The company hosting the server sprung into action and traced it to a hardware issue. Changing the hardware didn't work so they had to piece together a new server. When they went to take the hard drives out of the old server, the screws holding it in were stripped! :doh: (just like working on a VMax!) . They stuck with it and the new server and the forum were back up at about midnight. :clapping: Probably sounds like a normal day at the office for the IT guys!

Geesh, did they use a pneumatic gun to tighten those screws?!

Been there, Done that..
That's when the good-old pair of pliers comes into play.. LOL

Sounds like they were on top of it and got it fixed, the form is working great now with chrome I haven't tried it with Firefox yet but I imagine that's still an issue. On the good side it's a great thing that they didn't lose any data.

As others have said thanks a lot for keeping us updated Gary.

I manage about 150 servers for our security section where I work. We are running all VMs (Virtual Machines) for our servers. Well, all but a couple, anyway. Hardware failures are few and far between. Glad to hear that you're back up and running with very little downtime (comparatively.)

Latest posts

Back