Radial tire pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
I have replaced the bias ply with Shinko radial on the rear. The tire says pressure is 42psi. For those on radials, is that right as I am used to running mid 30s on bias ply.

That's a max. tire pressure for a max. load. I think you could run the stock tire pressure for a bit, then try upping it to see if it improves handling precision, or it's just more-harsh over broken pavement.

That's a max. tire pressure for a max. load. I think you could run the stock tire pressure for a bit, then try upping it to see if it improves handling precision, or it's just more-harsh over broken pavement.

+1 I would experiment until it's to your liking. With higher pressure s the bike will feel a little more responsive but will definitely have a harsher ride. You'll also be more likely to spin the tire a bit.

I would guess that somewhere between 32 & 38 lbs. will be where you end up.

If you had the bike fully loaded up either with a passenger or gear then you might want to run closer to Max pressure.

I run 40 psi on Shinko Verge 200/50VR18, rides a little firm but works for me. I run my Progressive shocks, which I have the HD springs on ATM, w/3-4 threads showing.

Last edited:
Wheel is a welded VMAX hub onto a 18" wider wheel. Cheapest way to go radial. Member on this forum makes them and will pm you if your interested.

The 17" I offer is a weld-up, using a used donor 5-1/2" wheel; the 18" is a 5-1/2" wide bolt-up using a new wheel rim, and is more-expensive.

Your best bet for cost is to buy this 17" for sale, you'll need to use your spline assembly transferred-over. The wheel he's offering is set-up for it.

Wheel is a welded VMAX hub onto a 18" wider wheel. Cheapest way to go radial. Member on this forum makes them and will pm you if your interested.

Latest posts

Back