Search Function....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advrider is crazy like that. So is avsforum. So many people. Some super smart, and some super smart-ass.

I use my android phone and the search function does not work with it, so I've been asking alot of questions. What's the purpose of this forum if not to help each other out. I KNOW I've asked questions that experienced Vmax owners probably thought were dumb...but they answered anyway. Sean Morley even called and talked to me on the phone to try to help me figure out my problem. This is the best forum I've ever joined. So thanks for answering my stoopid noob questions, guys! Lol

I don't have an issue with anyone asking what seem to many us to be basic questions.
That's one of the Great things about this forum, most users will just answer the question and try to help instead of posting snide remarks.

Most forums are no where near as friendly to noobs as this one.

I don't have an issue with anyone asking what seem to many us to be basic questions.
That's one of the Great things about this forum, most user will just answer the question and try to help instead of posting snipe remarks.

Most forums are no where near as friendly to noobs as this one.

Exactly. If you don't want to answer someone's question that has "been asked a thousand times", then don't open the thread and you won't have anything to whine about. Period.

Just out of curiosity, I know this site is very small and limited amount of people.

There is some comradery amongst us as well as a super small percentage of new members everyone.

I guess my question, since I see the same questions over and over and over again..... does anybody use the search function?

I am going to pick on the rotella post, there are seven pages that have Rotella mentioned in it. They may not all be 100% about Rotella, but just glancing at a few, they offer the same information.

I see HELP!!! Carb issues.... and the response is shotgun or peashooter.... 16 pages involving carbs if you do a serach....

I know its easy to just ask a question and try and get an answer, but I just want to be brutally honest.... its a MAJOR turn off for new members.

On the other vmax sites, I ve talked with people and the main reason they left, or didnt join was because its the same thing over and over again.... I know the bikes been around for 22 years with virtually no changes (yes I know the changes, I am saying no major changes) so there isn't going to be much new talk.

But just curious how others feel about seeing the same post repeated all the time?

I know on some of the other forums I am on, people wont answer it and just tell you to search it out on the forum, or send you a link to the thread that pertains to your question.

:ummm:
Does anybody use the search function? Wtf-that's condescending.
I typed rotella in the search engine trying to find out whether diesel or not and in 168 post on 7 pages i find the written word rotella 7 times. I had never heard of it and posted trying to find the difference in all the makes of it and which make was most preferred. I only hope it helped someone else too.

Does anybody use the search function? Wtf-that's condescending.
I typed rotella in the search engine trying to find out whether diesel or not and in 168 post on 7 pages i find the written word rotella 7 times. I had never heard of it and posted trying to find the difference in all the makes of it and which make was most preferred. I only hope it helped someone else too.

I am posting your private message to me so people know what I am saying referring back to and can maybe make sense of what I a saying. Plus I didn't really understand your message to me to be honest. As I didn't want to read into and think it was being negative to me.

I not only enjoy quick answers to problems but i try to make problems for others as easy as possible to solve. I sent parts to members as far as the UK and australia and i've bought parts from members on this site.
I am a senior member and have a lot of knowledge of motorcycles and have raced professionally for 35+ years. Mostly suzuki gsxr's, dragsters and super stock.
I bought my first vmax 3 months ago and have worked on it every day since- poured a lot of $ in it and now that i have it up and running i enjoy it and love the same feeling other members are getting too.
I spend a ton of time on the SEARCH doing research on this site and i have answered questions and asked questions too with highly informative answers. I only hoped to help someone else on this site and ease their troubles as they have mine.
So the other day i type in ROTELLA in the search engine (but not in caps i'm trying to make a point here) and the first page comes up and not one ROTELLA on that page. I have never heard of it and never seen it anywhere.
Click to page #2 and bingo i see it one with 4 answers and they are mostly about where to buy it cheapest. I've never even heard of "TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE". On to page 3 and no ROTELLA there. Page 4 nope.
Page 5 hey theres one but it is mostly about shinko tires. I find a couple more with the heading ROTELLA and read on. They say it is used in diesels and is synthetic.
The next one says ROTELLA has changed!! Search on-page 6 nothing-page 7 nothing.
So i decide after reading all that i have found with the search and advanced search that i will POST a questionnaire to see other members experience and findings.
I intentionally type in ROTELLA 3 times to get comparative answers and hope that it becomes a quick reference for other members.
I get some great answers to my problem from informative members of whether to buy 5w40,SAE 30,10W-30, SAE 40, 15W-40,15w-40,15w-40 diesel or 15W-40 synthetic.
My first time leaving my home town on the passenger seat with my father driving we come to a city called Stanton Texas.
I read a billboard that says "WELCOME TO STANTON_ HOME OF 3000 FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND A FEW OLD SOREHEADS".
I now know what it means.

Anyways maybe how you searched is why you didn't anything brought up? I have no clue. I just typed in Rotella and the first page brought up an informative post. Now granted it didn't cover just Rotella, but a broad range of things that were insightful.

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=33954&highlight=rotella

10866148_937702052930167_1129330487045547651_o.jpg

My whole point of my original post isn't about who's right or who's wrong with anything. I am was just curious because of a conversation between Vmax owners and myself at one point shifted towards the forum here and how their perspective was it was nothing new and exciting, but all the same questions over and over again.

This is a very small well run forum. Its clean, fun and informative. It isn't cutting edge by any means, but neither is the gen 1 vmax which is what this forum is mostly based off of.

What it is, is a great place for Gen 1 owners to find information and meet new people, whether they use the search function or not :rofl_200: just kidding!!!

I myself become impatient and want answers now sometimes and Google provides super fast information in places I would have never have thought to look. So I ll be honest, I don't even go to specific forums and use their search buttons, I just use google and it will take me where ever I end up and usually with useful information.

Thats not to say I don't post questions on forums, I do. But in the last few years it becomes less and less as I find the answers I need without having to post a question usually.

The internet is a wonderful tool and a huge pain in the ass all at the same time.

:clapping:

It seems to me you are the only one who has a problem with it.
Take the time to read what others have to say and you can learn from them.
DON"T pick on people.

Last edited:
This forum is based on a bike released in 1985 and hasn't changed very much since (excluding the gen2). In the past 30 years, there isn't much left that hasn't been said before. If questions weren't repeated here, I don't think there would be much of a forum left.

This is the first forum I've ever been too. Learned a lot here about the vmax and forums in general. Definitely the most friendly one I've been to.

I will admit that I don't participate in the tire or oil threads very much these days :biglaugh:

It seems to me you are the only one who has a problem with it.
Um... everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you included sir.

Take the time to read what others have to say and you can learn from them.
I am not sure where you are coming from with this. I asked a question to gain more information from others here. Its what this thread was intended for.

DON"T pick on people.

I am apologize sir if you think I am picking on you? :ummm: Maybe because I mentioned the Rotella post? My point was the post sir, not you individually, or I would have specifically mentioned your name.

I haven't picked on anyone in this entire thread, demeaned or called anyone out for their opinion or their posting practices.:confused2:

But since its brought up, maybe you need to reread what I have posted. :confused2: I am saying this in a matter of fact serious note. There is not derogatory mark or offense to you sir with that statement.

I ll quickly reiterate that message, this was a conversation brought up amongst members of both this forum and other Vmax forums.

I ve posted that I don't have a problem with it. ( in particular post #5 and #20, #28 )

I offered help in your specific Rotella search by posting a thread link....:clapping:

I am not sure how my posts can be taken so negatively to be singled out by you sir. No one else in the thread seemed to have a problem with my question when they voiced their opinion.

I can say that I ask a simple question of opinions of others here on a subject and you sir have seem to taken offense to my question to others on said subject.

Maybe this is a giant misunderstanding. :confused2:

Or maybe its just a giant whatever :rofl_200:

But since this has been taken sideways off topic in a sense.... lets steer back on topic and keep the opinions and posts to the original post in question please.

How about a Vmax picture to help....

300819_454396717927806_675616399_n.jpg

This forum is based on a bike released in 1985 and hasn't changed very much since (excluding the gen2). In the past 30 years, there isn't much left that hasn't been said before. If questions weren't repeated here, I don't think there would be much of a forum left.

This is the first forum I've ever been too. Learned a lot here about the vmax and forums in general. Definitely the most friendly one I've been to.

I will admit that I don't participate in the tire or oil threads very much these days :biglaugh:

Sorry Mab, I just posted about my rear tire:) :( But otherwise; This is one of the most informative and receptive sites dedicated to the Gen 1 Vmax available online. Patient people who have dealt with issues and who give information readily to those who are new with no reservation.

Chris.

LOL

10551666_938097932890579_921842170660284605_o.jpg

And a modded gen 2 vmax should run faster than a 10.70!!! Touche!!!! :clapping: ;)

It does. (even with my FA on the seat) ;)

I guess by 'modded' you mean the sexy blue paint and maybe the reflash? Or did you mean the slower fat back tire/wheel combo?

It does. (even with my FA on the seat) ;)

I guess by 'modded' you mean the sexy blue paint and maybe the reflash? Or did you mean the slower fat back tire/wheel combo?

I meant those nitrous injecting halo lights on your scoops LOL! :rofl_200:

I consider anything modded if it didnt come from the factory that way. My ZX is modded with an aftermarket exhaust... but that's it. So yep mine is modded too.

Obviously you know I am giving you shit and not being a dick :biglaugh:

Honestly in that picture, you just pulled your feet up. Your not covering the rear brake, which is my clue. My picture is 2 feet off the starting line right after I launched. Hence no feet on the pegs. Which I know your only giving me shit and not being a dick either ;)

Honestly in that picture, you just pulled your feet up. Your not covering the rear brake, which is my clue. My picture is 2 feet off the starting line right after I launched. Hence no feet on the pegs. Which I know your only giving me shit and not being a dick either ;)

Todd, was that YOU in the picture you posted? WHY - I NEVER KNEW! lol Of course I'm just yanking on your leg (pun intended).

No, honestly, I start out with my left foot already on the left peg. The very heartbeat my clutch hand begins releasing, my right foot comes up and onto the right peg. I don't cover the back brake lever in any specific way, other than my normal riding position........until somewhere way closer the 1/4 mile markers........then I worry about braking. I may try coating my right boot with something slick so that the sticky starting line goo will release the darn right boot easier, and would probably gain another 1.5 secs. :)

IF I find out that by flapping my feet & legs behind the bike like was being done in your picture, I too, could obtain some of the Gen II 9's I keep seeing guys post up, I might be persuaded into changing up my launch method. (pulling your leg again)

How'd you know about my dual purpose nitrous injector/angel eye lights? I thought I disguised them as normal angel eyes fairly well. (not worth the investment, as the nitrous side don't work worth a tinkers' damn)

I asked a question to gain more information from others here. Its what this thread was intended for.
Is this not what i did when i asked members their opinions on which ROTELLA they preferred?
I read the remarks on the thread you posted and the majority of them were not in favor of you and they had no problem with the post. Not even the administrator.
I do believe that you demeaned everyone on this site by asking " does anybody here use the search function?" Also assuming that if one asks they are less likely to retain. Seriously? What is a forum for if not to ask questions? That seemed to be the most common answer to the thread SEARCH FUNCTION you posted.
If you would have read my comments (which you said you were not going to because you thought it might be negative towards you) you would now know that i took the time to read every post of the 7 pages that came up when i typed rotella in the search and advanced search engine. I did not find the answer i was looking for so posted the question of members preference and got quite a few answers. And eventually the answer i was looking for.

I asked a question to gain more information from others here. Its what this thread was intended for.
Is this not what i did when i asked members their opinions on which ROTELLA they preferred?
I read the remarks on the thread you posted and the majority of them were not in favor of you and they had no problem with the post. Not even the administrator.
I do believe that you demeaned everyone on this site by asking " does anybody here use the search function?" Also assuming that if one asks they are less likely to retain. Seriously? What is a forum for if not to ask questions? That seemed to be the most common answer to the thread SEARCH FUNCTION you posted.
If you would have read my comments (which you said you were not going to because you thought it might be negative towards you) you would now know that i took the time to read every post of the 7 pages that came up when i typed rotella in the search and advanced search engine. I did not find the answer i was looking for so posted the question of members preference and got quite a few answers. And eventually the answer i was looking for.

Ok.... now I will pick on you.

Your just plain being a stupid. Your trying to put words in my mouth after I have CLEARLY stated the exact opposite of what your pushing.

Stop while your far behind my friend.

Obviously your new here and maybe you don't quite get how it works. But people are free to have opinions as I welcome yours. But don't go putting words in my mouth that are clearly stated otherwise.

I am done with you and your attempts to instigate some agenda. :icon_rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back