switgear upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloo681

Reaction score
Had issue with horn button on mine. So in my tradition of cracking a nut with sledge hammer lol. Ive decided if money allows to upgrade them maybe to r1 or similar. Only issue is reserve tank switch can I seperate this swtch to bars or else where ?

Yes, you can run a simple switch for the reserve if so desired. The issue with most of the other switches out there is how the electrical system is designed. Trying to make the turn signals work and the headlight kill during starting can be the most challenging part. Also, the throttle cables are a challenge depending on what you do with. We had to section a stock housing set so we had a throttle housing that would work with the new switch housing that did't have the throttle boss built into it.

So I cant just get the soldering iron out lol . Damn horn switch spring had rotted thru.

Just compare the electrical diagrams and see what you come up with. I've done it a few different times and most newer bikes use a lot different wiring philosophy which required me to add relays to get everything to work normally. I've adapted the FJR housings which looked awesome and then another bike was done with performance machine housings which also looked great.

Tried the spring out of a ball point pen?

Damn horn switch spring had rotted thru.

I assume it only has to fit in the space. As long as it fits, and doesn't rust in-two in a few months, it should work, I bet. You might try going to a hobby shop, to see what kind of hardware they may have, a place that services drones, RC cars, planes, etc.

Racing engines have been using 'beehive' springs for years, though you need something smaller, and lighter-duty! That's what that style is.

Ive got hold of an spring possibly from xs 650 switgear should work.will post results and I know I can get replacement for these . Hardly a sticky but a money saver the less

In an electric power system, switchgear is the combination of electrical disconnect switches, fuses or circuit breakers used to control, protect and isolate electrical equipment. Switchgears are used both to de-energize equipment to allow work to be done and to clear faults downstream.

Latest posts

Back