Towing your Max??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
Has anyone here used something like this?
If so,, How do you like it??

VMax Tow Dolly.jpg

Not only NO, but HE!! NO. Not me.

Maybe Eric would be interested....save from having to unload from his pickup with a ramp. ?

The diff would be ok BUT, i'd be a little concerned with the output gear. Normally this has pressurized oil from the engine BUT with it up high like that it would have a lot of oil pooled up in that are and MIGHT be ok.

Reason for asking.. I don't have a garage and I would like to be able to own some sort of towing device without having to rent a u-haul for a weekend or an emergency. I was charged $175.00 to tow my bike 1.2 miles when I got some contaminated gas.. At the time, I didn't know it was contaminated. It had almost a gallons worth of plastic underground tank coating. I recently put a class 3 hitch receiver on my Chrysler T&C. The T&C has a 3,600 lbs towing capacity, which should be no problem for a Vmax.

Reason for asking.. I don't have a garage and I would like to be able to own some sort of towing device without having to rent a u-haul for a weekend or an emergency. I was charged $175.00 to tow my bike 1.2 miles when I got some contaminated gas.. At the time, I didn't know it was contaminated. It had almost a gallons worth of plastic underground tank coating. I recently put a class 3 hitch receiver on my Chrysler T&C. The T&C has a 3,600 lbs towing capacity, which should be no problem for a Vmax.
Do you have a bike cover?

Me personally, if it has 3600 towing capacity, I would go with a smaller trailer. I wouldnt be comfortable towing a bike out in the open like that.

Yes, I have a cover.. I would defiantly cover it while being towed. Even with a trailer :)

I have a really nice dowco I've used once. I have a garage and don't need it.

That's what I have on her right now.. :)

Found this on craigslist for $300 with title. used to be a Ski-Doo trailer. Guy diamond plated and made a ramp out of a aluminum bleacher bench. I put the wheel chock on. Took me a couple months of CL hawking but there's a lot of options floating around out there.
IMG_1480.jpg

Found this on craigslist for $300 with title. used to be a Ski-Doo trailer. Guy diamond plated and made a ramp out of a aluminum bleacher bench. I put the wheel chock on. Took me a couple months of CL hawking but there's a lot of options floating around out there.

That's a great price, but the one biggest problems I have is, I don't have a garage. I'm looking for something I could use on a moments notice, and be able to carry it up a flight of steps.

That's a great price, but the one biggest problems I have is, I don't have a garage. I'm looking for something I could use on a moments notice, and be able to carry it up a flight of steps.

That makes more sense.

View attachment 53298

That's perfect, and all you need. It should tow easily too. I got a good deal on a fully enclosed trailer a few years ago. I keep my bike in it year round. It's not that easy to tow, in fact my Jeep struggled on the way to Thunder 2 years ago. I'm sure my Silverado won't have an issue towing it. I was talking to Eric last night and ran this by Sean too. I want to have the means to hoist my bike into the truck bed. Strap it on the neck and rear frame somewhere. Anyone ever try this?
Steve-o

So, for someone in my predicament, that does not have a garage, and would like to use a tow system at a moments notice, I might have to look into this..

VMax Tow Dolly 3.jpg

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity does that hitch have some kind of pivot point for when you're turning for "trailer" swing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity does that hitch have some kind of pivot point for when you're turning for "trailer" swing?
No, It looks to secure front tire of the bike, handle bars etc.. It basically uses the pivot point of the bike itself for cornering.

a harbour freight folding trailer might be a viable option

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
  • trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back