New project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these really cheap brake/clutch controls today, I like the look of them

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 78
Got the frame mostly blasted and ran some welds around the neck bearings which makes them fall out. Got the wheels in and now I'm designing the drive hub to suit the pumpkin.

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpg
    IMG_5794.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5798.jpg
    IMG_5798.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 80
Got the frame mostly blasted and ran some welds around the neck bearings which makes them fall out. Got the wheels in and now I'm designing the drive hub to suit the pumpkin.
Wheels are sic.They do remind me of something.

Wheels are Revtech/custom chrome. I'm going to start making a bunch of custom wheels in a few months to suit the Vmax.
These were too good to pass up at $499 for a chromed front and rear so I bought these and will make them fit

Last edited:
Wheels are Revtech/custom chrome. I'm going to start making a bunch of custom wheels in a few months to suit the Vmax.
These were too good to pas up at $499 for a chromed front and rear so I bought these and will make them fit
That's for sure a great price.

These controls should be here next week, I can buy these much cheaper than I could ever make them. The plan is to modify it all so it works with my brackets I designed and should offer a cheapish set of mid/forwards when it all goes together with linkages etc

Attachments

• control.jpg
    control.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 57
Are u possitive that the brake and cluth mastercilinders will work?
The piston is smaller than the original. Brake will be fine... but i question the clutch side

Are u possitive that the brake and cluth mastercilinders will work?
The piston is smaller than the original. Brake will be fine... but i question the clutch side

Of course they will work, failure is not an option

Hahaha,

Thats the spirit :punk:

But my question is for real. I probebly have the same set in my AliExpress basket.
But the stock is 5/8 or 16mm

And these are 14mm. Is it pretty much plug and play or will a lot of fabrication be necessary

I had a similar set and had to change the guts out on. Was a bit tricky with boring out the master and installing Vmax guts but it worked.

Drive hub is done, I have most of the rest of the bearing hub sorted and will machine it shortly. It's all pretty easy.

Attachments

• IMG_5800.jpg
    IMG_5800.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 53
Man i wish i had your machining abilities to complement my fabrication skills, lol.

Steve wouldn't it be feasible to just cut a hub from a stock wheel and attach it to yours? You would already have the needle bearing in place and no more stuff to work on

Steve wouldn't it be feasible to just cut a hub from a stock wheel and attach it to yours? You would already have the needle bearing in place and no more stuff to work on

Given the dimensions of the new wheel that wouldn't work. It would also mean sacrificing a stock wheel which could possibly be sold off. I do understand your thinking though and the process would work on a wheel blank.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back