Side stand relays kaput.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people will just pull the relay, and a few just never replaced it (with no issues). Mine went bad on the 86 a couple of weeks ago, and I pulled it with no issues. One thing to consider though, now the bike can be ridden off on, with the kickstand down......so keep that in mind.

Most people will just pull the relay, and a few just never replaced it (with no issues). Mine went bad on the 86 a couple of weeks ago, and I pulled it with no issues. One thing to consider though, now the bike can be ridden off on, with the kickstand down......so keep that in mind.
If i just pull the block off,my bike won't turn over.forgot to say,my years a 94.

I believe that after around 1988 the wiring was changed. Earlier than that, the relay can be unplugged to allow the bike to run. After that, the relay needs be replaced. Not 100% sure of the year, my 85 just needed to be unplugged, too.

I believe that after around 1988 the wiring was changed. Earlier than that, the relay can be unplugged to allow the bike to run. After that, the relay needs be replaced. Not 100% sure of the year, my 85 just needed to be unplugged, too.
Cheers Bill,that helps.so i can't short the wires,to get the power back then.

Don't think so.... Now you gotta sell a pint of blood to afford to buy the relay. Check EBay! Or Sean..

Did bypassing the relay solve the problem? If it did, I'm sure there are folks here that would like the details. Seems like a lot of these are failing recently...

Did bypassing the relay solve the problem? If it did, I'm sure there are folks here that would like the details. Seems like a lot of these are failing recently...
No bill,still got the same problem.No spark,but when i the turn ign key off i get a backfire and a spark.I have swapped the ign switch,swapped both side handle bar switches.to be honest there was nothing wrong with the relay,i damaged it when i connected a 12v supply the wrong way round.The bike turns over now i have bypassed the relay,just no spark still.

Latest posts

Back