Haynes/Clymer wiring diagrams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I bought a 1993 USA spec (imported from Japan) that needed a bit of work. I got it through an MOT but since then have been sorting out a few electrical oddities and gremlins. In the process I have found that even though the frame and engine numbers and characteristics say it's a 92/93, the wiring and components are definitely 85-89. There is no way of knowing why the bike is like that but my question is does anyone know why the Clymer manual wiring diagrams show 85-92 as being the same setup, but Hayes (and usually everyone else) say it is 85-89. Initially I thought it might explain why mine has the electrical components that it has (analogue cdi, 5 wire pickup coil, combined turn signal/starter cutoff relay etc.) but every other source says this all happened from 1990 onwards. Thanks!!

1990 is when the ignition unit went digital, single pickup coil and a different wiring harness. The change from '92 to '93 was bigger forks, better front brakes and a bit better stator.

Mark

Latest posts

Back