" relationships "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have managed to stay single my entire life.
Had enough long term, live in relationships to know I still like being single.
I have let some keepers go, no question, but I still can't picture myself married.
That's just me I'm sure, it's just I stood up in 8 weddings in the late 70's...early 80's.
None survived....the longest going 8 years.
My brother is on his second and my sister has been married and divorced 4 times, so...
Don't have a lot of confidence in that whole concept.
....guess that's why I'm still single...ha, ha, ha!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY FOR THE FIRST COUPLE OF YEARS , ALL IS GRAND , THEN VERY SLOWLY IT STARTS TO TURN AND IT SEAMS LIKE THERES NO EXPLANATION ? THINGS THAT NEVER BOTHERED THEM BEFORE NOW BOTHER THEM , PLACES THEY ALWAYS WENT WITH YOU , NOW THEY DON'T WANT TO GO ANYMORE ? AND ALL OF THE REST OF IT ! I'M SURE A LOT OF YOU GUY'S CAN RELATE !:confused2:
Tim,
What your woman did was all for you !!!
she liked you so much that she was afraid to say what she felt because it would upset you and cause you to think differently about her.
The problem is that we men don`t understand the word SACRAFICE.
Theydon`t want to change us into something that we are not, yhey just want us to get involved in their lives and that means sometimes going to the mall and waiting patiently while they look at every piece of clothing on the rack or going to the thrift store or the market. we forget that a relationship is just that not an ownership !! Most of the time they just want our company and we don`t understand that because it`s not what we want to do.
If you want a relationship you have to learn to ask "What would you like to do today or this weekend?"and let her know that you want to be part of her life as much as she is being part of yours (communication) regardless of what your friends think or say it`s your life and marriage not theirs.
just my two cents worth.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Guys, this topic is also meant for your thoughts and point of views on relationships, not just for CR to share, you can all share.... not sure how many of you saw CR and my discussion on another thread (radar detector)

CR, Ive meet only a handful of women that seemed sincere and interested in "Alan" the problem is they usually try to hard to please me and end up pushing me away, I know many people that that prefer a woman that never stands up to them and bows to every word the guy says... not me, I like a woman with fire in her soul (not to the point of disrespect and beating) but where if she thinks your wrong she'll tell you and not worry about hurting your feelings...
I'm a straight forward guy, if I have something on my mind I say it like I think it, some
perceive it usually as hurtful comments but I rather be myself and have the person know what type of guy I am... I also seek that from a woman, additionally intelligence and looks, I'm not saying she has to be every guys wet dream, but I cant be embarrassed to walk around with her (mean I know) and I want the girl to think the same, I take care of myself very well, and present myself in the same way, most people usually thing I'm 24-27 due to how I act and overall confidence and presentation.

CR... you're a redneck :p

If you want a relationship you have to learn to ask "What would you like to do today or this weekend?"and let her know that you want to be part of her life as much as she is being part of yours (communication) regardless of what your friends think or say it`s your life and marriage not theirs.
just my two cents worth.
<<Dave>>:punk:
Problem with that is, if you dont stand up and say "we're going out to ... " you aren't man enough... but if you dont ask youre a prick... we'll never win for one reason.. women do not know what they want:bang head:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS IN GENERAL , AND WHY DO MOST GO BAD , ALL OF THE ONES I HAVE REFERENCED ALREADY ARE PAST ONES ! I'M MARRIED NOW FOR 10 YEARS , HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD SON , THAT WALKS ON WATER AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED ! "LOL" , MY MARRIAGE IS UP & DOWN JUST AS I GUESS ANY RELATIONSHIP IS ! I'M JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT " SERIOUSLY " WHAT EVERYONE THINKS & WHY THEY GET SO TRYING AT TIMES ! ..:confused2:

Last edited:
Dave I was reading back and I have no idea ho we got from where we were to relationshit bs... lol

Dave I was reading back and I have no idea ho we got from where we were to relationshit bs... lol
POST #9 IN RADAR DETECTORS IS WHERE IT WENT SOUTH ! BY ME SAYING PULLING OVER IS LIKE PULLING OUT , A WASTE OF TIME !"LOL" THEN YOU CALLED ME AN " OLD MAN " "LOL" AND IT WAS DOWN HILL FROM THERE !:rofl_200:

ah yea, wow that went way downhill at vmax speeds

" WOW ", AT THIS POINT 198 PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED AT THIS & ONLY A COUPLE HAVE POSTED ! EITHER GUYS ARE SCARED THERE GIRLS MIGHT SEE THEM BEING HONEST , OR EVERYBODY ON HERE HAS GREAT RELATIONSHIPS , ( MAN I'M JEALOUS ) OR MAYBE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND / WIFE AND IN THAT CASE DON'T INVITE ME TO YOUR CONVENTION BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING ! .. NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Nor will I since you are old farts :p

Cop, you said you've been married 10 years, still happy?

As in... "DON'T INVITE ME TO YOUR CONVENTION BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING"

Nor will I since you are old farts :p

Cop, you said you've been married 10 years, still happy?
HOW DARE YOU DIG INTO MY PERSONAL LIFE ! OF COARSE I'M HAPPY ! ..ONCE A WEEK , WHETHER SHE WANTS ME TO BE OR NOT ! ..:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I have found that there are 2 kinds of husbands.
Hen pecked.........and liars!
...all kidding aside, you got an awesome son out of the deal.
Keep him close and you'll be loved for life.
IMO, broken relationships are a fact of life.
Not having a child is my only regret.

I have found that there are 2 kinds of husbands.
Hen pecked.........and liars!
...all kidding aside, you got an awesome son out of the deal.
Keep him close and you'll be loved for life.
Not having a child is my only regret.[/QUOTE]
VERY WELL SAID JACK ! .. :punk: .. I JUST WISH WE KNEW WHY THEY GO BAD !:confused2::ummm::confused2:

I would alter that, and say "broken hearts are a fact of life"

Dave, pm me your email address, I'll send you something I wrote a few years back - scratch that cant find it anymore

Agreed!
The neatest thing about being single is....you have the chance to fall in love again.
Loving in love is a crazy feeling...intense!
My ole' man use to say, "just make sure their pretty".."that way, their easy to get rid of"!
This September my parents celebrated their 58th anniversary...go figure.

Back