First ride.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need more info.

First ride? What do you mean? Of the year, ever, since a rebuild, since something else....

What kind of exhaust, carbs, air filter, jetting do you have.

Any other pertinent info?

I've had my bike spit, sputter, and jerk around and just not go before. It was after installing some different carbs. The setup was too lean. I dropped a clip on the needle and opened the A/F screws about .25 turns and all was fine after that.

Need more info.

First ride? What do you mean? Of the year, ever, since a rebuild, since something else....

What kind of exhaust, carbs, air filter, jetting do you have.

Any other pertinent info?

I've had my bike spit, sputter, and jerk around and just not go before. It was after installing some different carbs. The setup was too lean. I dropped a clip on the needle and opened the A/F screws about .25 turns and all was fine after that.
First ride after putting a 94 in a 02 frame,the carbs was bought of ebay from a running bike,also of the same bike are a 4-1 exhaust and pod filters.I don't know anything about the jets,i am only presuming it's been jetted because of the pods and 4-1 exhaust.PS,the brass inserts for the A/F screws are still intact.

Lots of variables there.
Pull the slides. See what you got. Try to lower the needle 1 clip and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've parked my max running purfect. Go on vacation for a week and hop on it when I got back and it's running on 3 cylinders.
Peashooter/shotgun, seafom all is well for 1yr now.

I'm hoping i don't have to go into the carbs just yet,gonna try the peashooter/shotgun first as you guys suggested and try a stock air filter see how it goes.
Aurcorrectors can be seen once the airbox is off which, youll be removing if you plan to do the shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back