Clutch not disengageing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can try bleeding it, but you're probably ready for a rebuild of the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. Did you open the master cylinder and check the fluid level? What color is it? If it's not transparent, time for a complete flush.

Thanks I will check out the fluid, i hope thats all.

Also the lever has about 3/4 inch of play it seems like its too much

You may get lucky and just need to flush the system, change fluid, and bleed it. Make sure all fittings are tight and tgere are no leaks in the system.

However, i would guess you are going to need to rebuild the slave and/or master cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

G`day APR88,

Just had similar issues myself, was finding it hard to find neutral (never had issues before?), changed engine oil = no better, checked for hydraulic fluid leaks = none found, checked for fluid level in master cylinder = level ok but fluid was dirty and old, probably moisture in it too....

Used a syringe and sucked all the old fluid from the master cylinder, used brake/parts cleaner and thoroughly cleaned out the master cylinder, re-filled with new/fresh fluid in the M/cylinder and bled it all through and out the bottom bleed, keeping it topped up....

Worked perfectly, been out on it all day today (road trip), no dramas.....

Hopefully you also have good luck with yours too......

Just ordered a galfer replacement braided clutch hose for a mini project later down the track.....

I was leaking fluid. The master and slave appear ok, and the old cable was pretty much gone where the metal meets the rubber so was leaking there. Also, I had changed the fluid a few months back and it was already black so something was contaminating it. Replaced with the galfer and the master gasket. I may need to address the slave at some point though.

I was leaking fluid. The master and slave appear ok, and the old cable was pretty much gone where the metal meets the rubber so was leaking there. Also, I had changed the fluid a few months back and it was already black so something was contaminating it. Replaced with the galfer and the master gasket. I may need to address the slave at some point though.

My thread on this may help you in this work. It's earlier in this thread, the link.

Back