VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to take the bike out with the new windshield. The wind has finally eased up and the temps shot up into the 70's. I find the shield does help. I am 6'03 and 260 lbs. It definetly cuts the wind off my chest and moves the air flow up to my full face helmet which is fine by me. If I get hot in the helmet I just open the vents and it's like having a fan turned on in my helmet. I think in the summer it will work well for cooling if you ride with a full face helmit. If your looking for less wind and you're a tall rider you will want a bigger shield. Conclusion: For me and what I want it was a good buy for me and was a breeze (no pun intended) to install. If your looking for less wind, Find a bigger shield that works for your type of riding. And as for the carb covers I think they added a couple of horsepower. It must be the radiation as they did come from a japanese manufacturer :rofl_200:

I bought a new screen for mine from Japan that looks pretty cool.....even better than the stock Vmax flyscreen. This guy offers these in 3 models.....a model A which is just a small flyscreen, and model B which is a bit larger, and a model HI which is the largest. Each of them have a metal frame, tinted shields, and the Vmax logo cut into the metal......and they are extremely easy to install and fit on the front turn signal bolt post. Here's the link for the smaller one that I bought, and you can email the guy and he will send you the link to the other auctions for the other sizes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150614982882&viewitem=

Re: Mini - screen - Yes or No ?

So does anyone have a screen brand/model they would recommend for highway comfort and low noise/turbulence at 80/90mph and a 6-ft tall rider?
for comfort,i sugest the national cycle plexstar 2.yea,i know it aint pretty.but it gives the most comfort and wind protection available for the gen1 v-max.

I'm 6.00' and my head was getting twisted around at highway speeds, so I bought this shield off ebay for $50. I can cruise without being pushed around now. I don't care for the look of it when compared to having nothing at all, but comfort wins out. The bike has overpowering cool, so this is small potatoes.
Gvm3AJOusggAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Fatmax used to make a very similar fairing but specifically for the Vmax so you didn't have to adapt it. None of them are my taste but looks like yours turned out well.

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 92
I am looking for a screen for my '85, anybody got one for sale? I have some mounts on my blinkers, I think they may go with a windshield like this one. I'll include a pic of the mounts as well.Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 5.59.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 5.52.33 AM.png I also need some mirrors as you can tell...that one is off a Kawasaki put on for inspection.

I think I still have an OEM mid size screen still on hand. They install with bolts in the upper triple clamp.

Fatmax used to make a very similar fairing but specifically for the Vmax so you didn't have to adapt it. None of them are my taste but looks like yours turned out well.

Cool bike. Although I prefer the naked look. Also

If you'ŕe looking for a large cruiser style windshield that offers lots of protection and coverage, easy on and off with 4 thunbscrews and no modification to the bike whatsoever , national cycle plexistar 3 I believe is the one I have. 7/8 handlebar mount kit, smoked or clear, $225.

Anybody know what style this windshield is? Im 6'4 and would like a taller windshield than the bug shield type...also am looking for mirrors. I saw some that screw into the handgrips that looked pretty cool, and I wouldn't have to deal with finding the reverse thread for the right side.84.jpg Thanks

Not sure on that one - maybe hellfire? I have an OEM Yamaha screen available that's pretty similar? Best to email me. Here's the mounted picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_171237.jpg
    IMG_20191107_171237.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 48
MRA motorcycle windshield is the most beautiful on my VMAX and it will be hight enough for you . the model is: V flow X-creen sport tip c.

Has anyone installed a Givi AF49 Airflow Universal Windscreen on a Gen1 Vmax? I have a 2007 I would like to install a windscreen on. This unit has adjustable height. It has a 4-point mounting system. I'm 6'-3" tall and am looking for a taller windscreen.

Latest posts

Back