Ignition fuse blows with dyna 3000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
Anyone knows what I can do to stop this. Bigger fuse or any upgrades. I have the COPs kit and the dyna 3000 cdi..

Contact Sean Morley. Here is his email [email protected]

He sells them.

Although....usually if your not running resistors with a dyna...it will eventually fry the ignition....and not pop the main fuse. Have you changedone anything besides the cops and ignition box?

Contact Sean Morley. Here is his email [email protected]

He sells them.

Although....usually if your not running resistors with a dyna...it will eventually fry the ignition....and not pop the main fuse. Have you changedone anything besides the cops and ignition box?

Crimp fix and the R1 R/R

He has a 86 and most likely the old R/R, have you checked your wiring from your Stator to R/R to Battery. The 30 amp fuse is part of this circuit. It might be easier to start at the 30 amp fuse and work towards the R/R to start with.

I have the Cops with resistors and Dynatek 3000. I blew the ignition fuse while accelerating. Pushed home as only a block away. Next day, blew fuse in almost the exact same place but had a spare fuse. Turned out I had a corroded wire shorting out the fuse. Check the wiring. All good since then.

It's good when you can troubleshoot things yourself, and a corroded wire on a 30 year-old bike isn't uncommon. Probably a good idea if your bike is getting up-there, to disconnect the plugs, inspect for broken/corroded strands, burnish them and use dielectric grease going back together.

I have the Cops with resistors and Dynatek 3000. I blew the ignition fuse while accelerating. Pushed home as only a block away. Next day, blew fuse in almost the exact same place but had a spare fuse. Turned out I had a corroded wire shorting out the fuse. Check the wiring. All good since then.

It's good when you can troubleshoot things yourself, and a corroded wire on a 30 year-old bike isn't uncommon. Probably a good idea if your bike is getting up-there, to disconnect the plugs, inspect for broken/corroded strands, burnish them and use dielectric grease going back together.

Good tip FM, for the last 5 years I have been really been diligent with the dielectric grease, I have added it to every connection I've had apart and have pulled apart others to inspect/ grease.

Latest posts

Back