Hi from Sydney, Australia

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupes

Reaction score
Just a quick hello from Australia!!!

Son of a Vmax owner. My dad bought a 96 about 12 years ago. Way to heavy for him but he couldn't be told. Anyway he's ridden it maybe 3-5 times in all those years but unfortunately he is 70 now and no chance of safely riding it safely and instead gets around on his Honda 110 postie bike.

I own a 99'TL1000s thats been an evolving project since I bought it new in 2000. Actually that's why he bought the Vmax, just had to have something bigger.

What brings me here is that the Max I discovered has been sitting outside the back of the garage for the past 6 years uncovered and unregistered. Its in a hell of a state BUT despite its appearance I managed to get it going. Changed plugs, oil and filter, fuel filter and battery and flushed out the fuel lines. Starts first go and still goes like a bat out of hell. He won't sell it, or look after it it seems so I am going to take it on as a project. As everything on it looks like crap or is damaged improvements will be easy.

I have to start making plans on how to rebuild/restore/modify/chop etc I have some ideas of what I have in mind, hope I can get some pointers here.

Cheers,
Rupes

.....so I am going to take it on as a project. As everything on it looks like crap or is damaged improvements will be easy.

I have to start making plans on how to rebuild/restore/modify/chop etc I have some ideas of what I have in mind....

G'day and welcome.

If not already done so take a wander through the gallery here and a butcher in here for some of the issues you may encounter.

Should help you focus your thought beams in the direction you want to go.

I guess it depends in what direction you want to go, how deep your pockets and how fastidious you want to be.

If the bike is a bad as you say then perhaps a total strip will at least give you the full picture as to what needs to be done.

Depending on your motivation than much of the refurb. can probably be done by yourself and if you need any help you will get plenty here (Sanity warning: One simple question can get responses from at least ten people who will give twenty differwnt answers. :ummm:)

Good luck with your project and please keep us informed on progress.

Son of a Vmax owner. My dad bought a 96 about 12 years ago. Way to heavy for him but he couldn't be told. Anyway he's ridden it maybe 3-5 times in all those years but unfortunately he is 70 now and no chance of safely riding it safely and instead gets around on his Honda 110 postie bike.

I own a 99'TL1000s thats been an evolving project since I bought it new in 2000. Actually that's why he bought the Vmax, just had to have something bigger.

What brings me here is that the Max I discovered has been sitting outside the back of the garage for the past 6 years uncovered and unregistered. Its in a hell of a state BUT despite its appearance I managed to get it going. Changed plugs, oil and filter, fuel filter and battery and flushed out the fuel lines. Starts first go and still goes like a bat out of hell. He won't sell it, or look after it it seems so I am going to take it on as a project. As everything on it looks like crap or is damaged improvements will be easy.

I have to start making plans on how to rebuild/restore/modify/chop etc I have some ideas of what I have in mind, hope I can get some pointers here.

Cheers,
Rupes
Hey There
The first tip is if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the bike runs well then stick to cosmetics it will make you feel good. Second, get a service that will give you direction. Take a gander at mine with a new powder coat. By the by also in Sydney.

The original post was some four and a half years ago and was last here December '17.
There's a fix for that in the Xenforo admin. You do a batch thread update and lock or delete any thread that's however old you want. You have a ton of options to choose from: when it was created, when the last post was, etc.

A lot of folks running this software sort of want that to be automated but for whatever reason Xenforo is dead set against it.

Latest posts

Back