crash during group ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. dumb ass could have been killed and could have hurt one of his friends. I'm careful who I ride with. Getting rammed from behind has always been a fear of mine. Mostly while stopped. Hopefully, lesson learned.

Mr. dumb ass could have been killed and could have hurt one of his friends. I'm careful who I ride with. Getting rammed from behind has always been a fear of mine. Mostly while stopped. Hopefully, lesson learned.

This happened to a friend of mine a long time ago.
He was on a ride with a group of guy's and another bunch of guy's were going to go with them.
My friend was in the middle lane and one of the other guy's that was meeting them on the hi way got on his bike going through the gears up the on ramp looking over his left shoulder NOT looking in front of him ran right into my friend taking both of them out and my buddy ended up with luckily only a broken leg!

Glad to see no one else was injured.
The guy used the quad's rear tire as a launch ramp.
If he had his wits about him, he may have been able to land it, FMX style :biglaugh:

Happened during a '500 bike ride out'! Stunting in a the middle of a group that size is not going to have a good outcome!

That being said, a good pair of riding boots would have probly lessened the severity of his ankle & foot injuries....his sneakers weren't gonna help even if they had stayed on.

Glad that he is OK...relatively speaking of course.

My biggest fear is riding in a group, and someone go down in front of me, and then i run into them because I cant get it shut down in time.

A couple years ago we were at Thunder, riding back to Somerset from Jim & Jimmies. We were riding 2-up on the Max. There were a number of bikes riding down the road together. Some moron decides to pass me on the right while I was in the right side of the road. He was laughing as he passed us. While there was a bit of room, and he managed to get by us without incident, I absolutely didn't expect the lame brained move. I knew he was behind me, but didn't expect the guy was gonna do something so dumb.

All it takes is one idiot to ruin everyone's day..

I would have had to speak to him about his behavior when you stopped. Unsafe maneuvers aren't appreciated.

Open-wheeled racecars have this 'launch' happen frequently, when their tires overlap. It's where nerf bars got invented, installed between the front and rear wheels to prevent this type of loss of control, though as this guy did, he climbed right-up the wheel of the quad, from behind.

That quad made a pretty stupid move as well by swurving over. I got an earful from my dad when I was a kid riding gravel roads about switching lanes without signaling with your arm and checking that it's open. We used to ride trails with up to 15 riders and spacial awareness was key to not colliding with someone. What the heck are quads doing in the streets anyway? Is that legal in some states?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

You ride like a dumb ass, you crash like a dumb ass, your dumb ass deserved it. Thats why I keep it on the track. My Vmax now has a dead battery b/c I do not want to ride the street anymore mainly b/c of inattentive drivers (texting, etc, drunk, whatever) and young show offs that pay the dumb ass penalty of being stooopid.

WTF, are ATVs allowed to ride on city streets?

Not that I am aware-of!

The irresponsible riders around here use MLK Day, Labor Day and other holidays to stage 'stuntah' exhibitions. Last Labor Day I was four blocks from home, on an arterial US route, and suddenly two 'stuntahs' burst-out of a side street, riding a dirtbike and a quad, against traffic, they both were heading directly for my seat in my truck, and at the last instant, they went peeling around me on opposite sides. It all happened in about 3-4 seconds, and I thought for sure they were both going to end up on my hood.

I saw the next day in the paper that a multi-jurisdictional PD/ Sheriff's office/FL Highway Patrol sweep got dozens of them, they used a couple of 'wolf-packs' to shut-down the road in-front of and behind the large group of quads and motorcyclists. They even had a police chopper and other individual PD cars outside of the main choke-points, to catch the ones who were running. They confiscated bikes, quads, and threw the lot in jail, including the occupants in cars and trucks that were accompanying them as they blazed through the streets in the Miami FL metro area.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Police-Arrest-ATV-Riders-in-NW-Miami-Dade-469279473.html

WTF, are ATVs allowed to ride on city streets?

Unfortunately, there are squids that think riding like a moron is "cool". And they're everywhere. Eventually karma bites most of them in the ass, and they wind up in the hospital getting patched up. Hopefully no innocent person gets tangled up in the foolishness..

I can't believe they can get them back! You get your dirt bike or quad confiscated for that kind of shit around here and you better kiss it goodbye. I recall they crushed a shit ton of them in NY last year.

Latest posts

Back