Smite

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
One of the hottest online game for the last couple of years has been League of Legends or LoL for short. I personally tried LoL and didn't really enjoy it. But it's popularity created a plethora of other MOBA games. I tried most of them out including the father of the genre - DOTA and DOTA 2. Again, none of them really grabbed me. I'm just not a fan of the point and click interface.

Then I came across Smite -- which is a MOBA game like LoL and Dota, but it's in more drilled down 3rd person perspective like most MMOs have. The movement is done through the WSAD keys while aiming is done via the mouse. It's that perspective and movement than made this game click for me and one that I can highly recommend trying out. The "heroes" of the game are gods for all of the major historical pantheons. Egyptian(Ra, Neith, Anubis, etc), Norse(Odin, Freya, Thor, Loki, etc), Greek, Mayan, Japanese, Chinese, etc.

It is free to play - it's on the PC, XBOX and PS4. You get a handful of free starter gods along with a weekly rotation of gods that you can play. It's the only MOBA that has pulled me in.

If you happen to try the PC version out and like it and are looking for someone to group with, shoot me a PM here.

I will have to check it out. I could only play when at home...but it sounds interesting.

Latest posts

Back