Towing your Max??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn.. This thing is heavy duty.. Big ass ratchet straps comes with this.

Still picked up a set of 1000lbs straps from Harbor Freight because after securing the front wheel, they want you to secure the handle bars to the furthest points from center of your hitch receiver.

I drilled a hole on each side of my receiver to attach some Quick Links quick_link_LRG.jpg I got from Harbor Freight.

Lemme know how it works out for you. It is an interesting concept. Me personally I would try to hook up the tail lights and or signal lights through the trailer lights on your truck/car/van to make it just a little more attention getting at night so your MAX doesn't become a hood ornament. Also, would you have to put an "IN TOW" placard on that....? Just a few things to look into.

Lemme know how it works out for you
Will do..
It was kind of encouraging to see my 1st pictures, while investigating this device, had a V-Max attached to it.. :biglaugh:
Next pictures I found was a big old Harley

Users say the most unsettling thing about the device is the natural lean of the bike, while turning a tight corner. Which means one strap loosens a bit, then tightens back up when you come out the turn. I want to connect the ratchet strap ends to the quick links, but I'm trying to come up with a way to stop it from falling out.

I came up with this, but I would like to have it secured flat, not bunched up.
20160515_224940_resized.jpg

Me personally I would try to hook up the tail lights and or signal lights through the trailer lights on your truck/car/van to make it just a little more attention getting at night so your MAX doesn't become a hood ornament.

I thought about that also.. I'll come up with something to make it more visible.. Problem is, these Jakalopes that feel they can text and drive safely, can mess you up, no matter how you're towing your bike.

Will do..
It was kind of encouraging to see my 1st pictures, while investigating this device, had a V-Max attached to it.. :biglaugh:
Next pictures I found was a big old Harley

Users say the most unsettling thing about the device is the natural lean of the bike, while turning a tight corner. Which means one strap loosens a bit, then tightens back up when you come out the turn. I want to connect the ratchet strap ends to the quick links, but I'm trying to come up with a way to stop it from falling out.

I came up with this, but I would like to have it secured flat, not bunched up.
View attachment 53436

D-Ring the nylon or put it through the hook where the nylon part is attached

Not following you.. What do you mean??

Put a D-ring in place of the quick link and factory hook (how you got it set up in the last pic) then put the quick link around the D-ring to keep the nylon from bunching up. Or put the quick link through the hook so the nylon stays "flat" on the factory hook

D-Ring pic.jpg
A D-Ring is not a bad idea. The only drawback is that I would have to drill a much bigger hole in the receiver to allow the shackle ends to pass thru. Right now, there's a 3/8 inch hole on each side of the trailer receiver, with about 3/8 of steel around the shallowest point... I really don't want to take too much meat off the hitch.

Now if your saying, to use my original quick-links, then a D-Ring with the nylon laying flat on the pin, that might workout nicely..

What I needed from the start was something like this.
tri-angle quicklink.jpg

Latest posts

Back