1st gen vmax clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1998

Reaction score
Anybody in the Phoenix AZ area good with the hydraulic clutch on the vmax? I’ve done every possible thing I can imagine to this damn clutch and it still will not bleed fluid out. I’m done messing with it. I’ve spent too much money and time on it so I need an expert to figure it out. I originally had another post called Barnett clutch issues but decided to make a new one to see if anyone in the Phoenix area could help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start at the master cylinder. Take the line off and bleed the master. You can use your finger to block the line port before releasing the lever. It should shoot out a healthy squirt once bled. Then connect the line and disconnect it at the slave, do the same.

Start at the master cylinder. Take the line off and bleed the master. You can use your finger to block the line port before releasing the lever. It should shoot out a healthy squirt once bled. Then connect the line and disconnect it at the slave, do the same.

I took the banjo bolt and line off the master and then put my finger over it and pumped the lever a bunch and then held it. Took my finger off and no fluid came out....

To get it going you need to pump the lever with an open port, then block the port while the lever is bottomed out, then release every stroke. It shouldn't take more than a dozen strokes. If no action I'd condemn the master. It wasn't that expensive last time I bought one, though it was a while ago. Rebuilding them is fine if the bore is decent and finish honed.
Steve

Just got my kit from PCW Steve o. I’m sure I’ll be hitting you up for help. Have a new line from galfer. We’ll see how I do before I have to be bailed out lol

To get it going you need to pump the lever with an open port, then block the port while the lever is bottomed out, then release every stroke. It shouldn't take more than a dozen strokes. If no action I'd condemn the master. It wasn't that expensive last time I bought one, though it was a while ago. Rebuilding them is fine if the bore is decent and finish honed.
Steve

I tried pming you and it says your pm mailbox is full

Steve

Yea the master works. But still no clutch pressure whatsoever with the line hooked up no matter how many times I bleed it. I pump it. Hold it and open the bleed valve a like 2 inches of fluid comes out and the I close it and try it again and nothing else comes out at all.

Latest posts

Back