Magnacharger for vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buster hymen , how did you make my zip folder into thumbnails? I tried for over 1 hour. Thank you for fixing it, Jason

well guys so far so good. I now have a tracking # from bill at magnacharger . and when i checked on the progress, package is in transit ( supercharger) .I will post pictures when I receive it . and as far as I know the holley carb has been tweaked for better a/f mixture from the previous kit . and also the intake is a new design too. hope this helps with the doubts as to whether magnacharger is still available. Jason:banana:

yippeee received my supercharger on wednesday , and back on the road today( thursday ) and what an improvement . very fast , not sure of fuel mileage as of yet , seeing how I can't keep from cracking open all 4 barrels ,lol . I will post some new pictures on friday 14th. :punk:

yippeee received my supercharger on wednesday , and back on the road today( thursday ) and what an improvement . very fast , not sure of fuel mileage as of yet , seeing how I can't keep from cracking open all 4 barrels ,lol . I will post some new pictures on friday 14th. :punk:

Good stuff!:thumbs up: That didn't take long to bolt it on and get it running! Was it pretty straight forward to do?:ummm:

Did he send you a new flywheel,fly wheel cover and cut out scoop? Did you put in a dyna 3000 so you can retard the timing?Are you going to cut the hood?Come with new throttle cables?

I would like to see the pics and what was the total price?

I have always liked blowers and even if they do not make as much power as a turbo or nitrous,I think they are cool as hell!

well my side scoop I have to trim a slight bit to clear the blower and the top lid still has to be cut .I couldn't resist riding it . so today I will trim the covers on the bike . The magnacharger kit was realitivly easy . Very nice quality and very precise fit .
Cost was 4500$ total for the kit
I payed 640$ dollars for l/c pistons ( since I opted to run pump gas )
Roughly 180 for gaskets
As soon as i get my wife to get pictures today I will post them.:banana:

no new flywheel needed nor flywheel cover ( bolt on application) No dyna 3000 kit as of yet . If I had opted to keep 10.5 to 1 comp then I would most definately run race fuel and the dyna ignition.

pics shew:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_7656.jpg
    IMG_7656.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_7668.jpg
    IMG_7668.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7696.jpg
    IMG_7696.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_7697.jpg
    IMG_7697.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_7700.jpg
    IMG_7700.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_7728.jpg
    IMG_7728.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_7731.jpg
    IMG_7731.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_7734.jpg
    IMG_7734.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 250
My wife will take some pics of the finished product and we will post them when i get back...

lastest pics ,long ways to go still :bang head:

Attachments

• IMG_7736.jpg
    IMG_7736.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_7738.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 282
I am curious how it handles with the low speed stuff,traffic and around town.

What did you do with the clutch?

Well glad u asked , so far I have ridden it every day since I finished the install. At first mpg was about 19 or so . Well I have this big problem too I can't resist the throttle now so mileage suffers lol. The more Miles I have ridden it the faster it gets as the supercharger begins to free up . The last ride I went on I went 87 miles through all types of traffic , stoplights , etc . I personally love the effect of a supercharger surging for fuel at an idle as it lurches it's awesome . this surge goes away as soon as you bring rpms up to about 1600 rpms as the idle currently is from 1500 to 1300 during the idle surge . No problems in town with overheating sitting at traffic lights etc,. Cruising now is a dream just a sweet little whine as the supercharger does it's thing . acceleration is incredible .I have learned that downshifting a few gears and slamming throttle wide ass open is a little tricky as the back tire likes to lose traction lol.Oh and i love how people look at me now when I roll up to the gas station , when i idle , I know the first thought they think is . why is that guy revving his bike up and down over and over , (It's not me just the awesome effect of a blown vmax oh yeah, oh last trip out I got 26 miles to the gallon and still haven't just ridden it without using 4 barrels all over the place . One day I may just cruise to get actual fuel mileage. But right now it's just to damn fun to haul ass trying it out lol. hopes this helps:punk:

Latest posts

Back