What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a ride with 10 other bikes on the north road - first time in 13 months after the quake broke it. In one 40km stretch 350-400,000 cuM of crap fell down in various slips.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11959817

It sure is pretty riding around here.....
kai1.jpg

Its 30C here again today, cloudless sky and good coffee. yeah my day started well.
We found some clear spots and have 3 guys with radar, might have scraped over the limit a touch...... I have to keep up with the 1198 and the CBR1000 to save face and represent the Vmax of course......

Isn't that the most-scenic site! Glad you had a safe time.

A Ducati 1098 and a CBR 1000 as riding partners probably would suffice for me as the caffeine replacements. Besides, the potent diuretic effects of coffee means frequent stops.

50 degrees and sunny in Rhode Island yesterday. Pulled it out to soak up some vitamin D, fired right up and warmed up to operating temp. No time to ride, busiest week of our year. Did lay 2 nice long strips of molten rubber across my parking lot. My grin was so big everybody thought I got laid. Nope just a couple of nice 2nd and 3rd gear burnouts. Works every time. My 8yr old daughter Sophia was pretty pissed she missed it but there's always more where that came from. Happy trails to all of you that live in year round riding climates.

I replaced my clutch (80,000 miles) and chose to use the kit from PCW Racing Inc. instead of the Barnett setup based on Fire-Medic's advice I found on a thread in this forum. I called John at PCW and he explained everything and also sent a sheet with the directions. I know, I never used to read the directions either but after hitting 60 years old I remember things differently or not at all. Wow, what a difference, my old Max is back. Sniff sniff, I think I'm gonna cry.

Did you get the extra plate to replace the half-friction plate?

There are a lot of guys on here who are technically far-beyond my knowledge, but I'm happy to share my personal experiences. I'm glad to hear your experience with PCW was like mine, a very positive one. We need to support these vendors who give us support for our increasingly-older bikes. :rocket bike:

I have you by a few years in age... . I'm always asking my more-experienced friends for advice when I'm doing something.

I replaced my clutch (80,000 miles) and chose to use the kit from PCW Racing Inc. instead of the Barnett setup based on Fire-Medic's advice I found on a thread in this forum. I called John at PCW and he explained everything and also sent a sheet with the directions. I know, I never used to read the directions either but after hitting 60 years old I remember things differently or not at all. Wow, what a difference, my old Max is back. Sniff sniff, I think I'm gonna cry.

Yep, got the full plate to replace the half plate and the stiffer spring. Made a big difference in response and smoother shift. Wear and tear on the clutch can happen gradually so sometime you don't really notice it, wondering why I was starting to lose performance, duh.
Oh yea, the older I get the more I realize how little I know about everything. This forum is the best.

Last edited:
I ended up putting in some marine 360 sta -bil in the tank. I started it up let it run for about 20 minutes. Then removed the seat and the coils so I could get to the battery. Then I ended up removing the battery and putting it in the basement for winter storage. I did notice I have a rusty tank to deal with when the weather gets warmer. Either new tank ? Clean & coat ? vinegar soak and rinse ? Clean the fuel lines and the pump, new fuel filter.

Convinced the wife we needed to go to N.Y. for a mini vacation. "Snuck" my RSV block and Vmax heads in the van and dropped them off at PCW to be built for boost to go towards the venture project.

Just checking the item is not available. Was there much problem with space for wires ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi can you elaborate on the method you used for the led daymaker type? Do you use the existing holes on the bucket but drilled for a larger bolt? Does the headlight adjust still work okay in the outer ring?
Cheers
Mike

46 degrees in GA, took a quick ride to fill up the tank and warm up Thor, Everything is running great. Heated gloves are one of my best purchases.

Went for a good coffee ride with some locals. The guy on the Triumph said I went past when his speedo was showing 200km/h. Well I couldnt just sit behind him on part throttle could I.................
I feel for you all suffering snow up there, its summer down here and Im loving it.

I had picked up my hayabusa wheel. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Got some more prep work, and I’ll load up pics.

Mod monkey is bored and restless, so we blinged out up front and out back. Can't wait to put them back on this weekend.
Along with my usual winter time cosmetic touch-ups, Ill continue my tweaks for that "perfect tune".

Attachments

• 20180105_192927.jpg
    20180105_192927.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180113_133511.jpg
    20180113_133511.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180114_120238.jpg
    20180114_120238.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 27
Back