Inexpensive carb boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
So, a few of us on here have wondered about these cheap carb boots that are offered at $20 for the set opposed to the $80+ per set of Yamaha boots. Now, sometimes I'd like to save a buck, and sometimes I'd rather pay the extra buck. But when it comes to rubber boots, how do we know unless we give it a shot, right? Today I finally got a chance to swap mine over and took a few pics of the old Yamaha boots vs the new unbranded boots. I definitely need to re sync my carbs, because it made a difference for me, but my old boots were not the best.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one on here running these, but if you are put in your experience and input on them

Here's the link from eBay I got them from

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112421753596

As you see, they're very similar.
IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0641.jpgIMG_0642.jpgIMG_0643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like a good match for OEM.

Did you install these yet? If so, initial impression on fit?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They look like a good match for OEM.

Did you install these yet? If so, initial impression on fit?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did install these. The initial impression on how they fit I'd say, has to be as expected from a Yamaha part. They fit on the intake perfect, and the carbs set in them great. Seems to have a pretty good seat now. I definitely was sucking a little air with those old ones, but as you can see, they were pretty shot. That's why I said I have to do a re sync on my carbs.

So, a few of us on here have wondered about these cheap carb boots that are offered at $20 for the set opposed to the $80+ per set of Yamaha boots. Now, sometimes I'd like to save a buck, and sometimes I'd rather pay the extra buck. But when it comes to rubber boots, how do we know unless we give it a shot, right? Today I finally got a chance to swap mine over and took a few pics of the old Yamaha boots vs the new unbranded boots. I definitely need to re sync my carbs, because it made a difference for me, but my old boots were not the best.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one on here running these, but if you are put in your experience and input on them

Here's the link from eBay I got them from

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112421753596

As you see, they're very similar.
View attachment 56882
View attachment 56875View attachment 56876View attachment 56877

Might be worth a try. I ordered a set. I have been looking at replacing my carb boots for some time now, so maybe next time I get into them, I will swap these out.

Thanks for the link.

Might be worth a try. I ordered a set. I have been looking at replacing my carb boots for some time now, so maybe next time I get into them, I will swap these out.

Thanks for the link.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Post your results, opinions and feelings about them here when you get them.

Older thread, I know. BUT. Just wanted to say that I also ordered and installed these. Well, original ebay link was gone, but gave me similar results for $14.89 vs. the $80+ for the "OEM" ones.
The appearance is identical to my old ones. Rubber is..rubbery... (softer than my ole cracked ones- which, while cracked on outside, never shown indication of leaking, with the "testing"/leak checking that I did.)
Carbs popped right in the new rubber with no trouble. Time will tell as far as longevity goes. even if they last 1/2 as long, I'm still ahead of the game. I'd have to change these more than 4 times to amount to the cost of one OEM set. We'll see.

Some photos:
The ebay site I got em from/ new rubber/ old rubber.

T$

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the update! Mine are lasting surprising long! (10+ years)

Mark

Latest posts

Back