Yeah, I'm Stupid - Traffic Ticket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I normally ride / drive aggressively, and I know better.
Well, last night it caught up with me.

Got pulled over and the officer said I was:
- Doing 86 in a 60
- Aggressive lane changes
- Then doing 81 in a 45 construction zone.

Almost lost my license for a year, but the officer gave me only 1 ticket for 86 in a 60.

I really need to cool it. We all know it's hard with that much power on tap. :confused2:

You got off easy. The 81 in a 45 would have you in the back of a police car here in New York. Glad you got a reasonable cop.

Just be careful. You're going through some heavy crap now. Sometimes emotions make you twist the throttle a bit harder than normal. I went through that last year. Hang in there, brother..

Just be careful. You're going through some heavy crap now. Sometimes emotions make you twist the throttle a bit harder than normal. I went through that last year. Hang in there, brother..

So.....question, anything to do with the present situation, and venting?

Thanks, guys. You know my situation. Yeah, emotions may be a contributing factor. But I've always been sort of aggressive. Grief is heavy and rotating the earth with my rear tire gives me happiness.

Gotta keep that in check!

Thanks, guys. You know my situation. Yeah, emotions may be a contributing factor. But I've always been sort of aggressive. Grief is heavy and rotating the earth with my rear tire gives me happiness.

Gotta keep that in check!

Don't pay the ticket right away. Contact the district attorney who is responsible for your potential court appearance. Ask if they'd change the ticket or work with you in changing it to a non-moving violation.

I was caught for a 86 in a 45 (forget what the actual ticket was for) knocked into 2 months expired registration. I think the cost of the ticket was with in $1 or so of the ticket I was given. I showed up, judge dismissed, and a new charge was filed against me for the expired registration.

It is worth a shot, what is the worst they could say? No? It might save you an insurance rate increase. Just be very humble, and very understanding. They might not help you either way.

A few years ago my son got a ticket for passing a school bus that was stopped on the other side of a divided road. The judge questioned how a kid could get over a median between the lanes, said that was a dumb law, and dropped it to a parking ticket.

20 miles over the limit in North Carolina is attempt to kill mandatory court appearance. The cop was nice enough to give me 19 over limit so I wouldn't have to travel back for appearance in court . When I wrote my check to the court I had to write payable to Superior court of nc me being me I wrote BS over superior and on the letter . Well about 2 weeks later I get a certified mail notice all I thought for the whole night was THEY want to show and explain the bs in front of a judge . I went the next day thinking the worst and it turned out my Dad had sent me a inheritance check .. I called my Dad to thank him and to tell him my story he laughed his ass off well worth to hear him laugh like that.

Even minor tickets should be passed off to your lawyer. I know a ticket is not a huge cost most of the time but time and stress of going down to the courthouse, points added to your license if you live in a points state, or the worst is hiked insurance premiums. As an aggressive Vmax owner this may not be the last one you get :clapping:

My lawyer has told me on the phone without charge a couple times how to approach matters where I dont necessarily need representation. If your family lawyer doesn't do tickets he has colleagues who do. Good luck on this, I hope it works out in your favor.

I won my last speeding ticket case involving my bike. Showing up is always a good idea imo. Sometimes you get a fair Magistrate. In many states there's ticket forgiveness if no priors for the past three years. On that day, I should have played the lottery too, everything went perfect. What sucks is the insurance rates going up for a long spell. It's a fact that many of us break the speed limit on many occasions. I'm getting a radar detector this season. My brother has one and it's saved him plenty of aggravation. Best of luck with this.
Steve-o

My stupid ticket was for 102 in a 55 zone and I was assessed 4 points for my ticket. Luckily my story must have worked and he wrote me for 85 in a 55 zone. I was lucky again while paying at the County Clerks office when I ran into a childhood friend (her husband was the Under Sheriff), well I guess that was the nice part. The lucky part was that the speeding tax for 30 over was only $180.00, I walked out of there a little happy.:confused2:

Man that sucks. Gotta watch for the cops around here, they're always in the worst places!

I was going east on 240, then merged rather aggressively onto 35 south. Not sure why he waited to pull me over. Like he was waiting to rack up additional charges.
I heard that construction in that area has been going on for 75 years (or so). :biglaugh:

I was going east on 240, then merged rather aggressively onto 35 south. Not sure why he waited to pull me over. Like he was waiting to rack up additional charges.
I heard that construction in that area has been going on for 75 years (or so). :biglaugh:

Welcome to Oklahoma! The entire state has been under construction since before cars were even invented. Lol. And yeah they'll follow you just waiming to find more crap to cite you on.

We need to ride sometime, I'll shoot you a text one of these days. Seems like every free day I have I'm hunting or something else lol.
Maybe you, traumahawk and I could get together and ride around the state one day lol. I haven't been on any really long rides on my bike. Farthest I've been was Ardmore to go racing.

Welcome to Oklahoma! The entire state has been under construction since before cars were even invented. Lol. And yeah they'll follow you just waiming to find more crap to cite you on.

We need to ride sometime, I'll shoot you a text one of these days. Seems like every free day I have I'm hunting or something else lol.
Maybe you, traumahawk and I could get together and ride around the state one day lol. I haven't been on any really long rides on my bike. Farthest I've been was Ardmore to go racing.

That sounds like a great idea. Dont forget....ONCE the roads are finished, then there will be no more tolls. LOL, atleast thats what they tell people. The tolls have only been in place 30 years or so......

No, you're not stupid, it's just hard to keep Mr. Max under 85. I blew through a red light one day (it had just changed, you know) doing around 50 in a 35 zone. There was a cop following me and he promptly pulled me over and cited me for the red light and didn't mention the speed we were going. I always go to the court hearing as in the past I have had charges dropped or reduced by pleading not guilty and putting the burden of proof on them. If the officer can't be present then they usually drop it. This time the officers came in and called me into a side room and asked me if I had run the red light. I hesitated for a minute and answered "yes" and they bust out laughing, they just wanted to see if I was a liar. Ticket was dropped to an equipment violation, $25 vs $150.

Back in the day when the youthful invincibility fable was coursing through my veins I rode with no lid, I was 18 so no lid required in my state, but I had a girl on the back and she was 17 and had no lid. They gave her a ticket for no lid, and gave me a ticket for (get this) having a passenger with no lid. I had only to show up and ask the judge if it was even a legitimate infraction and it was dropped on the spot.

I cant recall the last time I had a speeding ticket on the bike. Many times I deserved one no doubt.

I'm getting old and well worn. Seldom see over a hundred but see that monthly. I've been so Lucky, never got caught.... Once on Skullduggery, indicated 160.... All I can say is that I have Great Guardian Angels........:confused2::ummm::biglaugh:

...All I can say is that I have Great Guardian Angels........:confused2::ummm::biglaugh:

I've told people that when I die and arrive in heaven, my guardian angel will beat me up for keeping him so busy! :biglaugh:

+1!!! I know the feeling!! Mines probably gonna make me feel like i went somewhere else for the first hundred years or so, lol

My guardian angel has done some really great work so far. If after I move on through she packs on 50 lbs and nags incessantly ill know I either did not actually die, or I didnt waft upwards when I did die. :biglaugh:

Back