Merry Christmas to me!!! - 2008 Corvette

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
My family is disintegrating before my eyes. Kids are going astray. Divorce will be final by early April.
So I bought a nice distraction - a 2008 Corvette - 6.2L 6-speed. What a ROCKET!!!
I didn't intend on buying it, but I have been shopping for quite some time now and I'm very familiar with the value.
I showed up at the dealership, and looked at it, and test drove it. I loved it, but wasn't really serious. They were asking $18,000. Then the salesman put the pressure on. The classic line, "What would it take to get you to take the car today? Throw me a number." OK, I'll play your game. I told him $15,000 out the door. He resisted, and I told him I don't NEED the car. An hour later, the manager approved. I really didn't expect that!
What a MONSTER. Today: 65 MPH, downshifted to 3rd gear, hit the gas and launched so hard, the traction control warning lit up! Breaking the back tires loose at 65 MPH!!! Holy smokes!!! I need to limit this thing.

Attachments

• 2008_Corvette.jpg
    2008_Corvette.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48
By the way... I'm a mature Christian (NOT perfect by any means - human like everyone else with flaws). I completely understand that you cannot pacify yourself with "stuff." But it is a good distraction. I have my dream bike and dream car in my garage now. I bought the Corvette Saturday evening, and Sunday morning I was alone, crying in the kitchen over the loss of my wife of almost 30 years. So yeah, that's no compensation or comparison. Only a distraction to bring me a little happiness during the worst time in my life.
No, I'm not pushing it with emotions unstable. But it's incredibly fun to drive.
God is and has been my solid Rock as everything falls apart around me.
It's a very, very hard road to travel. I know some of you know what this is like.

Very sorry for your loss.
While I couldn't even imagine what your dealing with, we had something similar happen to our family.
My brother lost his wife of 10 yrs, 15 yrs ago. They had an 8 month old and a 8 yr old at the time.
It sucks. Plain and simple.
Everyone here knows you buying the Vette is in no way replacing your wife's memory.
These things allow us to take our mind off things once and a while.
That's a good thing!
Enjoy your new car. It's a beauty!
My favorite body style.

Enjoy, it's a great distraction. And I'm glad you know it is. That's my dream car too. Though I'm not in position today to satisfy this craving. Bad times will pass. Been there, it was rough, but I survived it. You will too.
Steve-o

I am not a Chevy guy but I do love Corvettes! That one is a beauty! Congrats, you deserve it. I am sorry to hear about the other stuff but it will pass and you'll be just fine. Take care and enjoy that sweet ride brother!

Divorce sucks big time, but it's better than not living in a loving relationship.
Been there, done that. But know this,, with time, it get easier to deal with..

That vette looks sweeeeeeet..
Be careful of those "gold-diggers" out there, watching you as you pull up in that ride.. :biglaugh:
Enjoy,,

Be careful of those "gold-diggers" out there, watching you as you pull up in that ride.. :biglaugh:
Enjoy,,

Thanks, y'all for the support. I'm sure emotions will dull over time. Today for some reason was very tough.

Yeah, the "gold diggers." I've been mindful of that. :biglaugh:

Congrats on the vette. It will help keep your mind off of things.

Holler when you want to go riding. For the last couple of months my schedule has been all over the place, but its starting to settle down a bit.

Remember, Time DOESNT heal all wounds, but it does teach you how to deal with things.

Latest posts

Back