Winter Maintenance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godsend1

Reaction score
It's too cold to ride so I'm starting all the projects I've been putting off, here's the list:

New fork seals, adding Racetech springs and emulators

Adjusting valves and replacing the leaky valve cover gaskets

Replacing the clutch slave cylinder with one from Ebay, the old one was leaking.

Replacing the carb/Vboost boots.

Checking/adjusting carb float levels as it is still rich even after lowering mains from 160 the po had in to 150's. I have SuperTrapp slipons. Mileage sucks, about 24-27mpg, plus a strong smell of fuel when idling.

Wish me luck. :eusa_dance:

Sounds like a good way to get through the winter. :thumbs up: Keep us up to date on the project.

I hear ya Brian. Damn thing just started and it's looking like a long one already.
I got a bunch of stuff-belly pan & shortie fender from Exactrep, Flanders drag bars, getting little bits & pieces powdercoated, then when that's all done, remove, sand & paint the swingarm, rotor centers and install 1/4" black wheel stripes.
Gonna stretch that out as long as possible, but pretty sure I'll run out of $'s before I run out of :snow:!!

I hear ya Brian. Damn thing just started and it's looking like a long one already.
I got a bunch of stuff-belly pan & shortie fender from Exactrep, Flanders drag bars, getting little bits & pieces powdercoated, then when that's all done, remove, sand & paint the swingarm, rotor centers and install 1/4" black wheel stripes.
Gonna stretch that out as long as possible, but pretty sure I'll run out of $'s before I run out of :snow:!!
Nice Danny! Let's try to photo document our winter mods as they progress to keep us snow bound Vmaxers entertained when we sit down to see how everyone else is doing. This does not leave you fair weather Vmaxers out as you are required to relay every detail of your rides (picture too please!).
I have plans for the following mods this winter: (economy dependant:biglaugh:)
Marks SS exhaust, Morley's Muscle jet kit, wave type rotors, R1 calipers (Sean's adaptor's), FJR clutch and brake m/c's, SS lines, and fork brace. I like the idea of painting the swingarm (pumpkin too), may have to add that to the list.

Latest posts

Back