Motion Pro Wheel Bearing Remover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
link: http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0269/

pic:
08-0269.jpg

I've had this remover for a few months now and honestly it makes removing bearings super easy. Used it effortlessly on a vstrom, ducati, vmax (front) and hawk GT wheels. Only had one bearing I couldn't do but when i went to drive it out the drift/hammer way the inner race fell apart, and it was rusty and had to be driven out by the ball bearings cage itself, so I don't hold that against the tool.

I just used it again this weekend and wanted to give folks a heads up. It might even work for that outer race of the rear wheel needle bearing, would have to know its ID though.

Usually can be found pretty cheap either buying cheaper or making one of the big names do a pricematch:

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Motion-Pro-Bearing-Remover-8-Piece-Metric-Set-08-0-p/4451964.htm

Thanks for the headsup...I know that I will have to replace the bearings eventually.

I use the freebie from AutoZone. Have to leave a deposit but get it back when you return the tool. Just be sure all the parts are in the box before leaving and let employee know if any are missing.

I use the freebie from AutoZone. Have to leave a deposit but get it back when you return the tool. Just be sure all the parts are in the box before leaving and let employee know if any are missing.

I've borrowed their blind bearing puller a few times also. Worked great on the caged bearing in the LHS of the rear vmax hub.

I've heard the pinion bearing the in differential is a MOFO to get out but this tool took it out with ease. A bit tight getting it setup in there and I had to line the threads in the case with some rubber to prevent damaging the threads but, it came out rather easily.

i've used blind bearing pullers too and without a heavy work bench to clamp them down to, they can be not always the easiest, this setup is super simple.

does autozone rent something more like what i showed vs a blind bearing puller?

garrett that kit works on the max....I didn't see it listed...

where? I used it on a front Vmax wheel IIRC, i'm sure it'd work on the ball bearing on the rear too. t he needle bearing would probably have to be beaten out like usual, however one of the collets might fit.

The autozone puller looks like this

http://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools-...utm_term=OTC4581&utm_campaign=pricegrabber_r1

Basically a slide hammer with adjustable collets that screw onto it.

yea i'm calling that a blind hole bearing puller. like i said i don't have a really sturdy work bench that i can clamp the wheel to so the motion pro setup was so much easier to use.

yea i'm calling that a blind hole bearing puller. like i said i don't have a really sturdy work bench that i can clamp the wheel to so the motion pro setup was so much easier to use.

I didn't bother to try and clamp the wheel down at all. I have an old office chair that I use in the garage. I set the wheel on the chair and yanked that bearing out in about 4 hits with the slide hammer.

For the pinion bearing, I mounted the diff in a vise.

Latest posts

Back