Life is a Road

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
I just happened across a book I picked up a while ago, shortly after I got into riding. It's this big, fat volume called "Life is a Road: Volume One", which is actually four books in one. It's in essence a collection of short-to-medium length motorcycle adventure stories, with one of the four books being entirely a chronicle of the author's solo ride from Texas to Alaska and back. I re-read a few of the stories and it reminded me how much I enjoyed the book, so I though I'd pass it along here.

The author has a website at lifeisaroad.com, where you can buy his books and read a few of his stories (click on "road stories"). He's a really nice guy, I remember after reading his book I sent him an email, and we chatted back and forth a few times about a few of the stories.

I ordered the Vol 1 collection, which is $40. But for close to 700 8.5x11" pages, that's quite a bargain.

A couple of the stories are a bit poetic and abstract, but for the most part they're all really interesting and wild stories. He claims it's all true, with only some names or "non critical to the story" details changed. The author could probably be the president of the Iron Butt club with some of the truly epic rides he does.

Anyway, check it out. Good way to tide over the cabin fever.

Would make sense, the first couple stories in his book are on a XS1100 Midnight Special, apparently he bought a Valkyrie after that.

Yeah, I came across his site awhile back when I was looking up info on running the Darkside. Infact, it still comes up as one of the first few links if you do a google search of "darkside mototrcycle". Been meaning to pick up his book, but just haven't got around to it....

Good book!! It will inspire you to go on a road trip, at least it has for me. Nowhere near what the length he has written about, but for a Vmax I have done well.

If anybody is interested in this book, I will sell you mine for $20 + shipping.

Latest posts

Back