Leslie Nielson passed away...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. ? Leslie Nielsen, who went from drama to inspired bumbling as a hapless doctor in "Airplane!" and the accident-prone detective Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun" comedies, has died. He was 84.

His agent John S. Kelly says Nielsen died Sunday at a hospital near his home in Ft. Lauderdale where he was being treated for pneumonia.

The Canadian-born Nielsen came to Hollywood in the mid-1950s after performing in 150 live television dramas in New York. With a craggily handsome face, blond hair and 6-foot-2 height, he seemed ideal for a movie leading man.

He quickly became known as a serious actor, although behind the camera he was a prankster. That was an aspect of his personality never exploited, however, until "Airplane!" was released in 1980 and became a huge hit.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101129/ap_en_ce/us_obit_leslie_nielsen

weve all gotta go, but anything related to breathing just sucks.

when i get a cold or feel fluid in my lungs i feel pretty mortal

you forget how sweet air/breathing is until you dont have any

We loved him... I always laugh especially on his movie when he was a vampire. Brilliant. We will miss him

"catch you on the down low Bro, and stop calling me Shirley!"

"How soon can you land this plane?"....."I can't tell."....."You can tell me, I'm a doctor."....."I mean I just don't know."....."Can you take a guess?"....."Not for at least 3 or 4 hours."....."You can't take a guess for at least 3 or 4 hours?" :rofl_200:

That's the funniest sequence I've ever seen, makes me smile just writing it!

He WAS indeed awesome....Dracula having a "daymare" or liking his roast "very hot and awfully wet". Great, funny actor.

Elimax

weve all gotta go, but anything related to breathing just sucks.

when i get a cold or feel fluid in my lungs i feel pretty mortal

you forget how sweet air/breathing is until you dont have any
I had asthma as a young kid and remember waking up in the hospital at least 2 times, yeah not being able to breath sucks.
I loved him as Frank Drebin, Jane has lost a great admirer of her beaver!:rofl_200: RIP!

First movie I remember him in was "The Forbidden Planet". A classic science fiction movie of the late 50's or early 60's. He was a leading man type till "Airplane" and later movies. Seemed like a guy you would like to hang with. :rip:

First movie I remember him in was "The Forbidden Planet". A classic science fiction movie of the late 50's or early 60's. He was a leading man type till "Airplane" and later movies. Seemed like a guy you would like to hang with. :rip:

leslienielsoncommanderadamsfro.jpg

When I had went TDY to the base I work at now yrs ago, I rented out 33 1/3. I was crying thru most of the movie. I couldn't quite laughing. One liner after another. Momma had went with me. She thot I took some hits off a tainted doobie. Well, maybe I did, and maybe I didn't. Just kid'n. Really. Trust me!:biglaugh:
Leslie was one of the best.

I wonder, if when he told his wife to get him to a hospital. she asked "What is it?" ! :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back