Headlight out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
My headlight wont come on, even though the bike starts and runs fine. I saw another thread that said "pull the starter switch back out" and lubricate. Does this mean removing it or something else?

Throw some lubricant past the button and then grab the button and push and pull it with the electrical key off see if that works.

Then check the fuse then check the headlight continuity, then check the bulb.

You can physically pull the swith out to its full return. Sometimes the switch will stay depressed about a mm or 2 (How the Vmax is set up, when the starter switch is depressed, the headlight is bypassed to full current goes to the starter...etc, so if the switch is stuck in, the headlight will stay off.)

If what FM said works, you can also recondition the switch itself.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17272

I knew my starter button would stick on occasion and once it did at Thunder. I got in line up for the tech session with Damon and Tyler:)worthy:), the Vmax guru's, to resolve this perplexing electrical quandary I was in. While waiting I completely disassembled my headlight looking for the issue when Mike ([email protected]) walks by and casually asks if I had checked "the button" which, of course, I hadn't. I pulled it out and the headlight lit right up. I duly took the hit to my ego, sheepishly put Redbone back together and got out of line. :bang head:

When you have the time split the switch case taking it apart. Clean it. Lube it. Make sure that the spring is working, you might be able to use a ballpoint pen spring if yours has lost its temper. A little bit of Dielectric grease should help it to stay clean and functional.

Sometimes it is what it appears to be: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31075&highlight=Chasing+tail

Latest posts

Back