Back in the saddle!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
I haven't been able to ride my bike since mid August due to back troubles. I had surgery Sept 16th, and was cleared for work and normal activity on Nov. 11th. Weather finally permitted the wife and I to take the bike out today (64 deg. and sunny), and I gotta say I missed the rush big-time! I took it easy for the majority of our 40 mile ride, but as we came home the wife told me, "I know you want to open it up, so go ahead". We left a stop light and I pegged it in second gear.....when vboost hit, it had the front wheel off the ground and stayed there a few seconds through third. I have been working on the bike while being laid up, and have added Gannons cop kits, and changed the bodywork to the flamed red 05 style thanks to Sean Morley. I also did the 600RR LED tail light mod. Bike runs freakin awesome, nothing beats the wind in your face and a kick-ass bike under your butt!
I am glad to be back in the saddle again!!!:punk:

:punk: Wow, great story and glad your back is good. You never know when operating on the back. Glad the bike runs too! Good Luck, Spurs

Get some better than stock rear shocks and your back will repay you by permitting you to ride farther & longer!

Good to hear the doc cleared you and were able to get a good ride in before the weather closes in on us!..........................................Tom.

Glad to hear your back's better & your riding again Bob ! Get some more rides in soon... there will be snow on the ground before you know it !!! :snow:

Welcome back Bro... I had a 6 year layoff for injuries and was dying to get back up on 2 wheels... That ended 6 years ago. I'm kinda overdoing it with 4 bikes right now....:confused2:

Lorain County will not be the same! You know if I were back home I'd be stalking you and that bike for some route 2 blasts! Great to hear your news friend!
PATMAX

Most glad to here Bob. I'm glad you felt well enough to get out there yesterday. I hope the healing progress continues.
What a cool wife "open it up" when mine get's on it's putt putt through the village at 25-30mph. So once a year is fine.The locals look at me like "we know who's in charge now" so right.
Regards,
Steve-o

I haven't been able to ride my bike since mid August due to back troubles. I had surgery Sept 16th, and was cleared for work and normal activity on Nov. 11th. Weather finally permitted the wife and I to take the bike out today (64 deg. and sunny), and I gotta say I missed the rush big-time! I took it easy for the majority of our 40 mile ride, but as we came home the wife told me, "I know you want to open it up, so go ahead". We left a stop light and I pegged it in second gear.....when vboost hit, it had the front wheel off the ground and stayed there a few seconds through third. I have been working on the bike while being laid up, and have added Gannons cop kits, and changed the bodywork to the flamed red 05 style thanks to Sean Morley. I also did the 600RR LED tail light mod. Bike runs freakin awesome, nothing beats the wind in your face and a kick-ass bike under your butt!
I am glad to be back in the saddle again!!!:punk:

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys! I have been dying to ride, but the wife has reminded me for the last 2 months to let my surgery heal first. Weather has been unusually warm for this time of year, and I'm sure its not going to last! Looking forward to getting out there and meeting some of you guys next season....hopefully Michigan, Thunder, and maybe even getting out to see Danny at BRC!

Hey Bob, glad your feeling well enough to ride. Sounds like you did some cool mods as well. How about this weather? Last year my bike was away for the season in October and this year I was just on it 5 minutes ago. I also have some cool mods planned for this winter as well. Nobody's (except Bill K) has even seen my new paint job but did put more chrome on since he saw it. I hope we can put together some kind of Pgh run even before thunder but even If it's just me and you and the wives we have to ride again together again soon. Take it easy bro and let yourself heal real good this winter and next year you'll be good to go. Talk to ya later, Ed✨

Ed, my back's still a little stiff, but looking forward to healing up so we can put some miles on next Summer. The weather is crazy this year! I don't think I have ever rode on the street this late in the year! And it seems like its gonna be here for at least another week. We'll see what happens!

Glad to hear your feeling better Bob :clapping:
nice choice on the 05 body work, thats my personal favorite.

+1 The '05 scheme is a real eye catcher....how 'bout some pics Bob....better yet, just ride her on up next summer.....hook up with Kratz, he knows the way! :clapping:

Have you thought about an Airhawk for a little added comfort & cushion? I've been using one for a couple years and really like it.

Cell phone pic....doesn't do it justice! I'll try to sneak out and take some better ones tomorrow. What's an Airhawk, Danny? Seat cushion of some sort?

Attachments

• maxtank 001.jpg
    maxtank 001.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back