Custom Paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Want a custom paint job you can do yourself if handy enough ?
See faux tank below, no spraying needed just pour it on , let dry pour some more & let dry, then sand the shit out of it and pour the final layer, let dry, clean the edges with a dremmel tool grinder, buff and put the faux tank on the bike again, all for $70 - 100.
You will have one of a kind paint job that no one else in the universe has! I am currently doing the rear fender but it proved to be a little harder, I applied a layer of acrylic first and stuck the fabric to it then applied acrylic over the fabric in several layers, will show the results once finished. Can you imagine if this is done on a VW beetle ( the old style) I think it would look out of this world. if anyone is interested in that kind of paint pm me and I'll walk you through the process and give you some tips and tricks .
________
Yamaha PC-50 history

Attachments

• faux tank paint (480 x 356).jpg
    faux tank paint (480 x 356).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I was looking at a picture of your bike in the V4 garage a few days ago, and I thought you had the carbon fibre paint, but didn't look like other ones I had seen. That looks pretty cool. I'd like to see the bike when it is completly painted like that.

If some one has an extra body set
( faux tank, rear & front fender) they can send them to me and I'll do them in 4 wks and send them back, all you need to pay for is shipping twice, The paint and labor I'll do as a gift , the photos are not showing how it really looks, the sheen of the paint looks wet ( super glossy, I'll try to make samples,
I am NOT a painter or want to get in the painting buisness, its just for fun to me. the nice thing about the max is that its body parts are simple.
________
buy easy vape

Last edited:
firefly said:
If some one has an extra body set
( faux tank, rear & front fender) they can send them to me and I'll do them in 4 wks and send them back, all you need to pay for is shipping twice, The paint and labor I'll do as a gift , the photos are not showing how it really looks, the sheen of the paint looks wet ( super glossy, I'll try to make samples,
I am NOT a painter or want to get in the painting buisness, its just for fun to me. the nice thing about the max is that its body parts are simple.

I've got an extra set Ibrahim.

Sean Morley

What's in the paint or the finish that is giving it a rainbow color effect? It looks like one of those paint jobs where the color changes depending on what angle you look at it. :a014: I've only got a spare back fender...

one2dmax said:
I've got an extra set Ibrahim.

Sean Morley

Send them but don't be in a hurry, it takes ~ 4wks for all layers to cure, Let me choose the color, do you have any color preference?
the parts should have no dings at all, scratched paint OK ,I'll strip it anyway.
you'll be pleasantly surprised!
________
volcano vaporizer

Last edited:
Buster Hymen said:
What's in the paint or the finish that is giving it a rainbow color effect? It looks like one of those paint jobs where the color changes depending on what angle you look at it. :a014: I've only got a spare back fender...

Ya I know what you mean but what I am using is fabric not paint, this is the paint you're talking about , find it in this site http://www.alsacorp.com/
________
Mercedes-Benz T2 history

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back