MMA fighter Kimbo Slice dead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
The Miami FL streetfighter/brawler turned MMA personality Kimbo Slice (Kevin Ferguson) died in a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale, the cause is not announced.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article82177902.html

I recall hearing about this local guy and seeing his youtube videos where he used his brawn and brawling skills to beat-up on people in backyards of Miami-Dade County FL. He was able to leverage this popularity into a career as a journeyman MMA competitor.

slice(5)

Kimbo Slice, top, has James Thompson of Manchester, England in a head lock during the second round of their EliteXC heavyweight bout at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Sat., May 31, 2008. Slice won in the third round on a TKO. Rich Schultz AP

I only watched Kimbo once - his first defeat - by Seth Petruzelli. The fight only lasted approx. 20 secs. I couldn't believe all the pre-fight hype about Kimbo's winning career, then to see him go down in under 20 secs....

R.I.P. Kimbo.

I watched a YouTube back yard brawl with him knocking the eye out of the socket...by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had congestive heart failure, and needed a heart transplant. When you become acute, you develop pulmonary edema (excess fluid in the lungs). The heart cannot move blood effectively through the lungs, and the fluid overload backs-up to the heart, and it fails. Kinda like a garden hose down the venturi of your carburetor. Hydro-lock. BMW Minis are notorious for this because of the location of their air intake. In Miami, when there is a lot of roadway standing water after a heavy rainfall tow trucks hook a lot of them for repairs.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-kimbo-slice-update-0608-20160607-story.html

If you have Netflix look up a movie called Dawg Fight, It's about a fighter called Da Da 5000, but Kimbo is in it. It gives a window into the underworld of back yard fighting and where Kimbo and a few other MMA fighters came from. I found it interesting.

Latest posts

Back