Standard vmax to vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteflys

Reaction score
Hi all, Do i need to change the wiring harness to fit v boost as mine is a standard one 1992 model with kerber 4 into 2s? Help and advise or is it easier to go to a stage 7 if the wiring harness dont have the connections? thanks for any advise given:rofl_200:

No, you have to add some wires :
A +12V after key ignitioon
A Ground
A wire connected to Tachymeter grey wire (for triggering the Vboost controller)
Don't go to stage 7 unless you ve got a full exhaut line with bigger primaries.

Are you sure that the harness does not have the 3 plug connector unused under the left scoop? I have some Vboost parts here if you need them (butterfly, servo, cable, bracket and brain box).

Yes you can buy the K&N stock style filter.
Standard plugs are fine : NGK DPR8EA9

How many discs on your Trapps? At least 8 per side. If less you can buy more discs ;)

I have a K&N stock style filter and Supertrapp Slip on exhaust.
I run 8 discs with closed caps for long rides and open caps with no discs around town.
Supertrapp recommends 6-8 discs with closed caps for our bike.
I did not rejet when I replaced the stock exhaust with the Supertrapps so it runs a tad rich But it Dyno'ed at ~119 with the stock exhaust and K&N filter and again with the Supertrapps and K&N filter.
The Only benefit of the K&N stock style filter is that it will last the life of your Vmax as long as you clean and oil it every year or two.

Back