Check out my multimeter readings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hani.eid123

Reaction score
Primary coil resistance on all ignition coils is 3.1 which is in spec.

Secondary coil resistance

Front left coil 23.4k boot to coil

Front my right coil to boot 22.5k

13.5k back left boot

13.3k back right boot

Measurments across the leads that plug into the ignition coils Aka the female end of the primary resistance test leads.

Front left 6.7 mega omhs stator
Front right coil mainstator lead 10.09 mega omhs
Back right stator 31.6k
Back left stator 9 mega omhs

The thing that stands out to me is the Back right female lead 31.6k

And the two front ignition coils- are around 22k

What do you all think?

Hey there, the problem is that the bike won't run. The starter works and I just replaced the starter clutch. Also cleaned the carbs thoroughly. New plugs gapped at .35mm. New gas. Fuel pump works as it should. New air filter. I can get a few back fires on occasion.

The front coil readings are high but before you dive in have you checked that you have a spark on all cylinders?
Even if both the front two coils were bad ( which is unlikely) I would expect the rear pair to fire.

Get a (ideally new) plug and make sure it is grounded then turn the motor over. You should see a spark.

Hey there, the problem is that the bike won't run. The starter works and I just replaced the starter clutch. Also cleaned the carbs thoroughly. New plugs gapped at .35mm. New gas. Fuel pump works as it should. New air filter. I can get a few back fires on occasion.

Did you happen to change out the Stator? If so, check the polarity wires leading from the pick-up connector under the seat. I had mine backwards after replacing pickup coil. It would crank and try to start, but it would only rotate and backfire periodically. Ran a test with the wires crossed, and it fired right up.

Can I also suggest that you only have one post for the same issue?
Decide if you wish to run with this post or 'Starter works but bike won't run' post.

Latest posts

Back