Better Headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlesin

Reaction score
Any ideas on imrpoving the light of my vmax headlight. I am running a new battery and getting good output from the charging system.

Sean Morley sells an upgraded bulb. Its a 90/130. It also comes with a ceramic pigtail for the heat. Took me about 20 min to change one night. Good upgrade.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=29953&highlight=emgo+headlight&page=3

The whole thread for ideas, my installation on #26.

attachment.php

Just put the headlight switch in between hi and low to get both beams going. It's FREE.

I bought this one after a few guys here recommended it and it took only 2 mins to install-direct plug and play-- it is led and has a fan, only 32 watts with a bright light too and VERY bright.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282129636207?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought one of those. I like how bright it is, but the fan is so long, that is close to the back of the bucket and I can't adjust it down. The fan shroud/cooling fins get hot. I blew two 15 amp fuses; if the light is 32 watts how does it blow a 15 amp fuse with only a little more than 2.5 amps of draw?

+1 on relays. A high wattage bulb won't last as long and could melt the light plug or even housing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I bought one of those. I like how bright it is, but the fan is so long, that is close to the back of the bucket and I can't adjust it down. The fan shroud/cooling fins get hot. I blew two 15 amp fuses; if the light is 32 watts how does it blow a 15 amp fuse with only a little more than 2.5 amps of draw?

Mine plugged right in and has been running for weeks now without any problem.

Ordered the same as yours Blaxmax.... fits and works great.

Only 1 thing I just cant figure out.... the moment in removed the original bulb, and I turned on the contact, so I could could figure out which wire from the ledbuld would be paired to the original loom. A strage loud hummm apeared and now I dont have no Vboost anymore. When I turn on the ignition, no vboost zoom. Bike runs fine......

As lots of us lower our fork heights through different methods, don't forget to realign your headlight. It makes a big difference. I like the relay kits for even the O.E.M. headlight set-up.
Steve-o

Headlight relay kit from Eastern Beaver. Turns the stock headlight into a beast! I can only imagine what it does with the high powered searchlight that Sean sells, lol.

You can buy a kit that is totally plug and play, or just the components and make your own harness.
The relays are small, and fit nicely into the headlight bucket.

Easternbeaver.com

Latest posts

Back