oil weight for Vmax ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive tried various oils, including Amsoil. I'm still a firm believer in Shell Rotella. First, the bike seems to rum better (although that is subjective) and shift smoother. Plus, if I need a quart of oil, I can go into any parts store and get it.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the material about Lucas. They did post zinc content....etc. More information is always good.

10276 SAE 10W-30 API ZN ppm 861
10275 SAE 10W-40 API ZN ppm 861

Here is the info for Rotella

Shell is marketing their new CJ-4/SM oil as "Triple Protection," meaning it provides enhanced qualities for engine wear, soot control and engine cleanliness. Shell's Rotella website indicates that on-road testing confirms the new Triple Protection technology produces better anti-wear characteristics than their existing CI-4+ rated Rotella oil. This is achieved despite a lower zinc and phosphorus additive level as called for by the API CJ-4 specification. (The 15W-40 Rotella T with Triple Protection oil has approximately 1200 ppm of zinc and 1100 ppm phosphorus at the time of manufacture.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_Rotella_T

Attachments

• Zinc_Values_MotorcycleOil.pdf
    279.8 KB · Views: 10
I was given some good quality 'Motul 15W/50 technosynthesis' motorcycle oil by a friend of mine. I was wondering if this would be suitable for my Vmax? my local mechanic is suggesting I use 20W/50? We have a warm climate here.

Back