v boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you tuen the key on you will hear a whirring noise as the vboost goes through the check cycle when it is working.

probably a stupid question, but how do you know if you have v boost.:ummm:
When accelerating at wide open throttle you'll feel a slight power surge (sortof like it just 'wakes up') at about 6k rpm.

All vmax's sold in the states was equipted with vboost, it might just be unplugged, the controller is located under the left scoop.

+1
They ALL have it. You have to check to see if it's working.

Yep....100% of NA market Vmax's had v-boost. The european versions did not, to comply with the 100hp limit. The Japanese versions had a speed limiter built into the speedometer that cut engine power at like 100mph. Americans got the real McCoy though.

Or you have a Venture motor, which on rare occasion pop up. The Venture motor is similar (the vmax motor is an up-tuned Venture), slightly higher displacement (1300cc) but considerably less power. It did not have v-boost. Not too common, you don't see people swapping their Corvette's engine for a Cobalt's.

But chances are it's either unplugged(sometimes people unplug them while open to get full-time v-boost), or the servo/controller are bad.

Or, correct me if im wrong cuz im fairly new to the vmax world, he could have a stage 7 jet kit with vboost removed, when I bought my vmax I didn't feel a turbo like effect at 6k rpms that the vmax is famous for, so I did my research and observed the motor more and found out it has a stage 7 kit with the vboost removed and the air intake tubes connected by a open tube on each side,
I don't know if you bought your bike used or not but might be an option for what's going on with your vmax

Or you have a Venture motor, which on rare occasion pop up. The Venture motor is similar (the vmax motor is an up-tuned Venture), slightly higher displacement (1300cc) but considerably less power. It did not have v-boost. Not too common, you don't see people swapping their Corvette's engine for a Cobalt's.

I gotta nicely running Cobalt motor !!

I think there's a few Corvette's it might scare.

:biglaugh:

Gary

can also have stg 7 but with vboost, one of my dreams one day:th_eat_arrow:

can also have stg 7 but with vboost, one of my dreams one day:th_eat_arrow:

I have a stage 7 with the v boost removed, but i still have the vboost controller... I've never ridden it with it on... Would it be worth it to reinstall??:ummm: Or better yet would it be easy? Its got kerker 4 to 1 with k/n filters and stage 7 jet kit. :punk:

Latest posts

Back