Delkevic full systems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Reaction score
Why is it when you buy a full system from delkevic you only get the front headers and not the rear?

So its not worth it to spend the extra money to buy the headers is what your saying? They claim like 5 hp increase with the headers. Which isnt much i guess

So its not worth it to spend the extra money to buy the headers is what your saying? They claim like 5 hp increase with the headers. Which isnt much i guess

Well 5 hp for a bike is a lot. Ive been told that you can feel a 3 hp increase just by seat of the pants. A TRUE full exhaust you will get about a 7 hp increase or so, so I dont really believe their 5 hp, especially when you arent changing out the rear pipes.

The most restrictive part of the Vmax exhaust is the stock size head pipes, so if those are stock replacements, and you arent changing out the rears.....did they rejet for the 5 hp increase?:ummm:

No their website claims no rejetting is needed. The mufflers i want are 505$ but for the "full system" they offer its 675$ with a 5 hp increase. Was almost thinking the 5hp was worth the 175$. But then i realized no rear headers and thought that was weird. Cant imagine they would run a different size from the front to the rear.

The Delkevic headers are the same size as the stock headers.
They will Not increase HP at all.

"The set includes 2 downpipes, 2 bolt on heat shields and 2 aluminum collars. All parts are replica replacements of the original."
Read the full description here:
http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=16580_17965_18046_18050&product_id=5080

They do claim these slip-ons will give you a 5HP gain But that's BS IMO.
http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=16580_17965_18046_18052&product_id=2274

Voodoo has brand new full exhaust systems for $629 on ebay w/free shipping.
About as good of a deal as you can find on new, full exhaust.
Plan on repacking the mufflers before you bother installing them. They are LOUD

voo doo with delkvic muffler's look and work and sound great. this is ufo and delevic ss mufflers. im sure voo doo would work out the same. If i did it again i would just buy delevic ss mufflers and take baffle's out run it with stock head pipe. If you take your stock mufflers off and start bike it sounds bad ass. so if i did it again i would pay $250 for muffler's and the bike would be a little lighter and maybe 2 to 3 hp gain with a good tune. Beekeeper has this set up with baffle's in and it sound's okay but i keep telling him to take the baffle's out. At least for a sound video or when we go to the track. I will be planning a hooligans Irish Hills hell michigan ride soon and would hope he would pop the baffle's for that.

April 2014 002.jpg

voo doo with delkvic muffler's look and work and sound great. this is ufo and delevic ss mufflers. im sure voo doo would work out the same. If i did it again i would just buy delevic ss mufflers and take baffle's out run it with stock head pipe. If you take your stock mufflers off and start bike it sounds bad ass. so if i did it again i would pay $250 for muffler's and the bike would be a little lighter and maybe 2 to 3 hp gain with a good tune. Beekeeper has this set up with baffle's in and it sound's okay but i keep telling him to take the baffle's out. At least for a sound video or when we go to the track. I will be planning a hooligans Irish Hills hell michigan ride soon and would hope he would pop the baffle's for that.

View attachment 52520

Yea thats the route im thinking im heading. Just run mufflers with the stock headers. But i would love to know where you can get the delkevic ss mufflers for 250$ if be all over that for sure. Im seeing like 350$ plus.

Maybe I miss quoted the price. You now what it was $250 because I didn't need the adapter to install the muffler do to I had a ufo header.

Yea thats the route im thinking im heading. Just run mufflers with the stock headers. But i would love to know where you can get the delkevic ss mufflers for 250$ if be all over that for sure. Im seeing like 350$ plus.
As long as you are happy with the way your Vmax runs and the power it makes Slip ons are the way to go IMO.
The Delkevic Slip ons sound Great on a Vmax too.

I've had my 2000 Vmax since 2001 ad I ran the stock exhaust for the first few years then drilled them and ran those for quite a few years and was perfectly happy.
My bike ran great and Dyno'ed at 118.9-119.2 and a few years ago I got a set of Supertrapps for a Great price and my bike Dyno'd at 119 again it Sounds a Lot better now. than it did with the stock or drilled stock exhaust.
And ask Vmax mike what his UFO 4-1 slash cut system did on the Dyno at Thunder (it was less than my and Leecifer's stock 2000's did). ;)

@ Vmax-Mike (aka B-King Mike),
Don't take my above post the wrong way. You know I loved your Vmax and riding with you. (except when stuck under a bridge. ;)
)
I'm just using your bike as an example that a jetted, aftermarket piped Vmax doesn't always produce more RWHP than a stock Vmax can.

Max hp is not what it is all about DMAN. And no offence taken Dman I pulled 118 that day and my bike pulled from bottom to top. Before i sold it i hit 122hp and it pulled hard all the way. Im sure you can tell me my tail light color and that it was working and i would try and tell you about your headlight but it was so small in my rear view that i dont even know if it was working that day. Anyhow if im ever in your area i will watch my rear view to see if your headlight is working.

Back